Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Thumbs down Kobo problem

Whilst receiving special offers from Kobo almost daily,I am very surprised at their lack of support.
On a recent purchase £3 off was not deducted I contacted them 12 days ago
despite a number of replies to my ticket still no action .
They must be very busy
trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Have you confirmed your credit card was charged £3 more than it should have been? When you ordered, did the order screen confirm the lower price before you pressed "Buy"?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Have you confirmed your credit card was charged £3 more than it should have been? When you ordered, did the order screen confirm the lower price before you pressed "Buy"?
It did not give me a chance to adjust .This is not the point 12 days and still no answer
Old 12-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Ahhhh, did you not get the word "apply" next to the space into which you typed your discount code? Was it unclickable? After clicking, did it not update? Did it skip the buy step? Where did it go wrong?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
trout
Enthusiast

Regretably I am at a loss to know
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You would not be the first person to have input the code and then failed to do the next steps that would actually apply the discount. It's a user error, I suppose. I can see why you would be upset, but fortunately, it is only a $3 loss. The lack of communication is a different issue.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
trout
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You would not be the first person to have input the code and then failed to do the next steps that would actually apply the discount. It's a user error, I suppose. I can see why you would be upset, but fortunately, it is only a $3 loss. The lack of communication is a different issue.
ABSOLUTELY
Old 12-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Actually a £3 loss is a $4.79 (Canadian) loss. Actually I was surprised because I thought it should have been about $6.

Just a bit of useless trivia
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I'm actually fairly adept at translating currencies--just didn't notice the £ in your first post, LOL. The Canadian dollar has been pretty much at par with the US dollar for awhile now, which makes for good southern shopping for us, for sure, and makes it easier for everyone else to figure out things like £ to CAD $.