Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
Custom Composite Column

Hi!
I've been playing with the custom columns and the plugboard to modify some titles to my liking, mainly by modifying stuff from the sticky thread.
1) Am I missing something or is it indeed not possible to use multiple functions at a time? e.g. series:re(...):shorten(...)
2) Is there a way to copy my plugboard/columns from one library to another?
3) It would be nice to have the ability to double click the columns to edit them. At first I did not notice that the small (i) button opens the edit dialogue.
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
3) It would be nice to have the ability to double click the columns to edit them. At first I did not notice that the small (i) button opens the edit dialogue.
You mean doubleclick to edit the metadata? The behaviour of the book list got changed a few versions back to be consistent with standard GUI actions in other programs. If you singleclick on a specific field and entry and hit F2, you should be able to edit that singular field. Also, hitting E should bring up the edit metadata dialog.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You mean doubleclick to edit the metadata? The behaviour of the book list got changed a few versions back to be consistent with standard GUI actions in other programs. If you singleclick on a specific field and entry and hit F2, you should be able to edit that singular field. Also, hitting E should bring up the edit metadata dialog.
I think he means the "edit custom column screen". It took me a while to figure out that "i" as well (I kept deleting and recreating the field which means a lot of restarting!)

@silentguy: after you create the field, you can also edit the template from the main Calibre screen. Just edit the field like you would a normal field and you'll get the template instructions. It does save restarts!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I think he means the "edit custom column screen". It took me a while to figure out that "i" as well (I kept deleting and recreating the field which means a lot of restarting!)
Ooooh, there's an "i" there as well? I missed that. (But then again, I only set up one boolean custom column and was done with it...)
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
1) Am I missing something or is it indeed not possible to use multiple functions at a time? e.g. series:re(...):shorten(...)
It isn't possible. You get one function per {} expression.
Quote:
2) Is there a way to copy my plugboard/columns from one library to another?
Nope. They are stored with the library because they require the columns in that library. If you copy a library, you copy the plugboards.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert