Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PeteL: Your profile says you have a Kobo Mini and a Kobo Aura. You are making a request in the Kobo Aura HD thread. You mentions "Aura", but, you seem to want the image for the Kobo Aura H2O. I'm confused

I'm guessing it is the Aura H2O, so I sent that link.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:00 AM   #167
PeteL
PeteL began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Mini, Aura H2O
"sorry about that Chief"

sorry I didn't realize the threads (or images) where so specific.
Thanks for the link and your assistance.
Cheers.
Pete L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PeteL: Your profile says you have a Kobo Mini and a Kobo Aura. You are making a request in the Kobo Aura HD thread. You mentions "Aura", but, you seem to want the image for the Kobo Aura H2O. I'm confused

I'm guessing it is the Aura H2O, so I sent that link.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #168
rigaman
rigaman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Simple Touch
Please give me a Kobo Aura HD SD card image copy...
Corrupt this during upgrade. Desperate and hopeful!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #169
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. But, it would be unusual for problem during a firmware upgrade to prevent a factory reset from working. Have you done that?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #170
Coy1973
Coy1973 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I desperately need an 4Gb-sd-card-Image for my Kobo Aura HD. Tried everything, even flashing Android-Image on it (didnˋt work). Thanks very much in advance!!
Old 07-30-2016, 10:16 AM   #171
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #172
zmn1229
zmn1229 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO aura h20
Aura h20 brick

heya folks

Bricked it. not my fault. it was the death during update problem. shouldn't this issue be addressed by kobo? seems like an update interruption should not cause total death... pretty sure i tried the resets properly, but just got the two screen flashes and nothing else.

anyway, sounds like the image thingy might help me restore these (two devices, yes two bricked aura h20's, although i think the screen is broken on one of them)

i would be forever grateful for a little help (..none forthcoming from kobo help desk obvi)

..and maybe a way to avoid updates in the future? is that possible? only wanted it for epubs anyway.....

thanks in advance
z
Old 07-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #173
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

As to Kobo preventing this, I'm not sure how. If something goes at exactly the wrong time, there will be nothing that can be done. And Kobo have set this up so that it is very hard to break. After nearly five years of doing this on all my devices, I've only had one failed update and that was definitely my fault.

As to avoiding updates, just don't sync. After setting up the device, that is the ONLY time the firmware version is checked and updated. There are ways to patch the firmware to prevent the update. Doing a search here will find them.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:32 PM   #174
Coy1973
Coy1973 began at the beginning.

@davidfor: thank you very much for the image! Unfortunately it didnˋt help. Might be a problem with the hardware. Display is frozen showing the last book I read. Saying "turned off (in German: "ausgeschaltet")". After turning start button to the right the lamp between the light button and the start button shines for 1 second and then blinks 9 times before it goes off. Nothing more happens. Maybe I try new sd-card and flash the image on it. Or does anyone in the forum had the same problem and have an idea?
Old 07-31-2016, 07:41 PM   #175
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy1973 View Post
@davidfor: thank you very much for the image! Unfortunately it didnˋt help. Might be a problem with the hardware. Display is frozen showing the last book I read. Saying "turned off (in German: "ausgeschaltet")". After turning start button to the right the lamp between the light button and the start button shines for 1 second and then blinks 9 times before it goes off. Nothing more happens. Maybe I try new sd-card and flash the image on it. Or does anyone in the forum had the same problem and have an idea?
Try doing a factory reset using the buttons. That might work. Otherwise, try another card.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #176
johnnytruant
johnnytruant doesn't litterjohnnytruant doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad, Aura HD
@davidfor - sorry to trouble you but could you pm me a link to a 4GB image for an Aura HD?

I've tried everything (reset/factory resets/etc/etc) so far - reader died while on standby which is a bit odd - but I think the card is toast because now I've finally got to it, it's throwing an IO error when I try to read it on my laptop - but even if I replace it I'll still need an image to put on there.

cheers.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #177
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. And the card has IO errors, then a new one is a good idea.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #178
vav2000
vav2000 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
I've also got a bricked kobo aura hd, and would be very grateful if anybody has a system image to try to flash again!
Thanks!
Old 08-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #179
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #180
ivanpsh
ivanpsh began at the beginning.

My Kobo Aura HD is bricked for almost an year now, but fortunately I saw this thread today. Please send me the original Kobo Aura SD card image. Thanks!
Closed Thread