Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #106
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhan View Post
Ok I got pretty sure that the look up feature doesn't work properly whenever the inflections include non ANSI symbols (outside of 0-255 range).

Has anyone tried to make the look up work with other non ANSI alphabets such as (I believe) Croatian Romanian or Hungarian, or even completely different alphabets like Russian or Arabic? I wonder if the problem exists with Kindle Touch only.
The Kindle doesn't support Russian or Arabic dictionaries, but Mobipocket Reader definitely supports Arabic inflections. (It doesn't support LTR for more than one word, though)

I just did a test on my Kindle Keyboard with a simple Turkish dictionary with 2 entries with inflections and didn't have problems looking up inflections containing the dotless i.

Make sure that your .html source files are utf-8 files with a byte order mark and that the output format is also defined as utf-8 in the .opf file.

Code:
<output encoding="utf-8">
If both source .html files and output encoding are set to utf-8, and your inflections are properly defined, it's a Kindle Touch bug.

You can test your dictionary with Mobipocket Reader.

EDIT: K3 and higher now support Arabic and Russian dictionaries. However, Arabic dictionaries don't support RTL for multi-word entries.

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-18-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Updated for latest FW updates
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #107
bj_private
bj_private began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosim View Post
after I select *.dict.dz file, It verifies. BUT If I select decompile, it says

Building...
Error, file version is not 2.4.2
Done!
Just make sure to save the file as "UNIX" ASCII format, not DOS. I think this is why you're having this problem. I had the same issue and solved it by saving the file as UNIX ASCII.
bj_private is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #108
digbybare
digbybare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Chinese-English dictionary based on the 10/30/2012 build of CC-CEDICT.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi CC-CEDICT.mobi (8.71 MB, 588 views)

Last edited by digbybare; 11-01-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Fixed issue with words with multiple pronunciations
digbybare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #109
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
German-Turkish dictionary:
Attached Files
File Type: mobi AlmancaTurceSozluk.mobi (4.26 MB, 641 views)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #110
ataraxia0
ataraxia0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Exclamation need help

hi

I'm a physician, and I don't understand any word that you say!

i need an english to Persian(Farsi) .mobi dictionary.

I provide the .txt.

can anybody convert it for me?

i really appreciate that...
Attached Files
File Type: txt dictionary.txt (129.4 KB, 10642 views)
ataraxia0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #111
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
That is not a good enough file to be able to turn it into a dictionary. You have to know inflections, etc. to make a good dictionary.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #112
ataraxia0
ataraxia0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Red face request

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
That is not a good enough file to be able to turn it into a dictionary. You have to know inflections, etc. to make a good dictionary.

sorry

Can you please do me a favour?
It's big, but you are my last chance.

I upload a Babylon(.bgl) and a (.mdx) English-Farsi dictionary.

can you convert one of them to kindle dictionary?
If you accept this request, I never forgot your kindness.

ataraxia0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #113
mngalaxy
mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle touch
Please help me.

I am so confused reading all of your comments. I really want an Eng-Jap dictionary on my Kindle touch. I start with Stardict, but it no longer supports. Could any one help me figure out how to do? I just have the Lingoes and Babylon files
mngalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #114
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngalaxy View Post
I am so confused reading all of your comments. I really want an Eng-Jap dictionary on my Kindle touch. I start with Stardict, but it no longer supports. Could any one help me figure out how to do? I just have the Lingoes and Babylon files
Since Amazon started introducing the Kindle in Japan, there are commercial English-Japanese dictionaries available. For more information, see this thread.
Apparently, Kindles sold in Japan come with the Progressive Eiwa Chuujiten English-to-Japanese dictionary preinstalled.

Also several Kindle users have already created EDICT based Japanese Kindle dictionaries. If you still want to create your own dictionary install ActivePython 2.7.2 and pyGlossary, then convert your Babylon file to a tab-delimited file and follow these instructions to convert it to a Kindle dictionary.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #115
mngalaxy
mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Since Amazon started introducing the Kindle in Japan, there are commercial English-Japanese dictionaries available. For more information, see this thread.
Apparently, Kindles sold in Japan come with the Progressive Eiwa Chuujiten English-to-Japanese dictionary preinstalled.

Also several Kindle users have already created EDICT based Japanese Kindle dictionaries. If you still want to create your own dictionary install ActivePython 2.7.2 and pyGlossary, then convert your Babylon file to a tab-delimited file and follow these instructions to convert it to a Kindle dictionary.
I have found, but they're not available for buying yet . The link you gave me doesn't contain any Japanese dictionary at all. Guess that I have to wait for a little while. Anyway, thanks a lot
mngalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #116
xiongmao86
xiongmao86 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Question Solve the inflection?

This tab2opf script, I assume it doesn't solve the inflection problem, is it?

And if not, how do you people come to make a dictionary that enables inflect checking?

I've know some pal do it by merging the Ispell dictionary, but it'd take a hell
of time.
xiongmao86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #117
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiongmao86 View Post
This tab2opf script, I assume it doesn't solve the inflection problem, is it?
Nope. You'll need to run an additional script that'll insert the inflections for each word. For example, an English-German dictionary would look like this:

Code:
<html>
<body>

<idx:entry>
	<b><idx:orth>book
	<idx:infl>
		<idx:iform value="books"/>
	</idx:infl>
	</idx:orth> </b> 
	<i>Subst.</i> <br/>
	Buch (n)
</idx:entry>

<hr/>

<idx:entry>
	<b><idx:orth>go
	<idx:infl>
		<idx:iform value="goes"/>
		<idx:iform value="going"/>
		<idx:iform value="went"/>
		<idx:iform value="gone"/>
	</idx:infl>
	</idx:orth> </b> 
	<i>Verb</i> <br/>
	gehen
</idx:entry>

</body>
</html>
What language combination are you interested in?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #118
xiongmao86
xiongmao86 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Thanks

Thanks for your reply, doitsu.

My native language is Chinese. I know there are some dictionaries in Chinese.
But I wanted to make my own one.

Could you (or anyone) tell me where to find the complete format tags to make one?
xiongmao86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #119
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiongmao86 View Post
Could you (or anyone) tell me where to find the complete format tags to make one?
The complete specs are on the old Mobipocket Developer Center website. Note, however, that the Kindle does not support Javascript.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #120
bugmenot
bugmenot began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Turkish to Turkish dict needed for kindle

Hello,

does anyone have a TR 2 TR dictionary handling turkish inflections?
Thanks!

P.S. Old links reported in other posts are gone...

Thanks

bug
bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools