Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I don't support making libraries pay more unless we're also going to simultaneously send more money to our libraries.

Possibly not the best thread to ask on, but does anyone the best way to donate one's own eBook to a library? (I mean, a book one wrote, not bought.)
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I like that, wish they had that in the US.
I certainly don't. Library budgets are tight enough as it is. It would also tend to wear away the First Sale doctrine.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Skip Wyona
Enthusiast
Skip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmosSkip Wyona has become one with the cosmos

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I don't support making libraries pay more unless we're also going to simultaneously send more money to our libraries.
I wish that there was a solution. e-books in small city public libraries are hardly worth the effort when I compare the number of titles listed here for large city libraries to my local library. And I won't even mention the abysmal budgets of school libraries.

In the past libraries have paid large fees for circulation and use rights for some items or have joined with larger better funded state-wide and state funded consortiums, but here again we are confronted with the lack of funding support.
Skip Wyona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
distribution, library, model, pricing, retail