Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
RobertB of Astak is back... let's talk!!

Dear All:

For those who don't know... I have been gone from the forum for about 2.5 weeks recovering from a very painful and worse than expected knee surgery! For those who hate me>>> feel good as the suffering was dramatic and beyond the pain scale!

For those who do like me, luckily the vast majority, I arrive at work tomorrow in the afternoon and have a few appointments but will soon have the time to set this forum right again.

First off>>> we ARE going to have new models. You know the plus should be ready to release by now (I will know all tomorrow)! There are numerous other models we have looked at... with keyboard, without keyboard with Wi-Fi, faster than any other device I know of. We have looked at 9 inch. All of these are being examined for WHICH we want to bring to market. The 7 inch MID is also rolling right along! Now, we will NOT be able to sell these for $139!! We cannot take a loss like Kindle and B&N can do and are doing. They will be the finest devices on the market and competitively priced... but you will pay a bit more! However, you will continue to get the quality case and ear buds and other things included to make it the better VALUE!

Now, as soon as I get back and catch up on work I will tell you all I can. I already know the changes at EZRead.com are mindblowing!! I have been playing with the interactive forum every day while recovering and LOVE it!! It is only up for testing by staff right now... but it will be a butt kicker and it works great!! Reviews, recommendations, problem solving, author bios, and just idle chit-chat about eBooks... it is all about to hit!! As is a complete website redesign by a PRO and things like the Wish List finally coming and the agency model titles getting up also!! This much I already know... what is coming at www.EZread.com in the next three weeks should be incredible!!

Just realize that I have had NO correspondance with my fellow ermployees since July 15. They demanded that I get total rest and NOT work. Give me a chance to step back in and get up to speed!!

For all those who wished me well>>> thank you aLL!! I read every post and you know how worried I was! I made it thru, I have three months to go before the knee is 95% back>>> but I am so elated and so grateful!!

Last edited by Robertb; 08-03-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome back!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Best wishes Robert! I hope you take plenty of time to recover properly. There is a lot going on while you were away.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Great to have back, Robert!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Good on you Robert, glad to see you back here and trying to keep us all in line Can't wait for the forum to open up on ezread.com, hopefully be another great place to hang out (I miss having a REAL good place to talk about books).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Great to see you back on your feet, Robert. Take it easy, eh? Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Good to hear you passed the surgery. I presume they didn't have to amputate

Take it easy, I bet your mailbox is filled to overflowing (I know mine usually is, after a holiday break...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Great to hear that you are doing better and will be back on the forum.
We all missed you.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Glad to see you back online, sir!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Robert, it's great to see that you are getting your energy back!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
vgiridar
vgiridar began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Welcome Back Robert

Robert

Welcome back after a well-earned rest. For sure you were missed in the forum.

The landscape has changed a bit in the last 2-3 weeks and hopefully you are rejuvenated to take them head-on.

I continue to love Astak products and look forward to new ones.

Best wishes
vgiridar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've been good, Uncle Bob, I promise (and if anyone says different, I will PINCH you. Hard.)

Can't wait to hear more about new devices! I am most interested in the Pearl screen, if you know anything about that...
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #13
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New forum on EZread exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Good on you Robert, glad to see you back here and trying to keep us all in line Can't wait for the forum to open up on ezread.com, hopefully be another great place to hang out (I miss having a REAL good place to talk about books).
Dear Solicitous:

Thank you!! I am very happy to have recovered to this point. I am not perfect; but I can walk without a cane and the only pain is a dull ache. That will go away!

The new forum works beautifully. It has designated places for: favorite book, favorite author, news, general discussion, etc. You can start a new thread easily enough and catch up on the latest reviews and changes and cures and new authors. What I like best is the ability for members to chat with the "Renegade Intern" anytime about anything. I HATE buying from somewhere and then having to pick up a phone if there is any problem. I want to chat with a live person who can solve the problem.

I also think that the new overhaul to the website will ONLY get great when the forum is there to ensure all know how to use it. Mystery is NOT what you want when buying eBooks. The interactive forum lets people say: "How the hell do I search and WHY can I not find?" I think things are going to improve a lot when people can join into the discussions!

In effect, I want people to tell us WHAT they want on that site!

Thank you and great post!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
Robertb

Landscape has changed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgiridar View Post
Robert

Welcome back after a well-earned rest. For sure you were missed in the forum.

The landscape has changed a bit in the last 2-3 weeks and hopefully you are rejuvenated to take them head-on.

I continue to love Astak products and look forward to new ones.

Best wishes
Dear vgiridar:

Yes it has!! This morning I read where there is a Kindle that has Wi-Fi and sells for $139. What is happening here is Kindle could end up (yet) having a monopoly on eBooks. It is NOT only their device sales that grow... it is their format that grows. Mobipocket may yet take over the entire world. If everybody who buys the new Kindle HAS to have it with Mobipocket... and Kindle becomes the ONLY source for Mobi eBooks... where does that leave Astak?

So, yes, I have a lot of thinking to do on this entire subject. The landscape HAS changed. Short run.. good for consumers. Long run... could be a disaster for consumers as one massive monster controls everything they buy, see, read, and think they own.

Me? I like freedom of choice and value that highly. I see this as a threat!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
Robertb

Thank you, all, so much!!

Dear GA, Maggie, Fizzy, CV, sweetpea,neilmarr, lady, sylver, dixie and numerous more:

Thank you, my great friends!!It is good to be back but also depressing too.