Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Rooted Nook supports html in My Books..great!

Hi,

Just wish to share.

If you have a rooted Nook and you wish to save a webpage for a quick read without converting it to epub, you are now able to save the website direct from your browser (on PC) to your Nook drive (mine is F and G).

The web file will be listed in My Books. When you choose to read it, Nookbrowser will be automatially used to display it. Pressing back button in Nookbrowser will return you to My Books again.

So basically your Nook is now supporting another format, html!

The good news for me is that if I save the web with Thai filename (with UTF-8 encoding option before saving), Nook will display it in Thai book title too!.

Last edited by bthoven; 03-13-2010 at 12:39 PM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
Yes. But I was not able to add page no and the ability to remember the last page read. So, it's not useful if you have to read a full book.
But for an article with few pages, it works fine.
txt files work too.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
ctos
Enthusiast
ctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook, G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Hi,

Just wish to share.

If you have a rooted Nook and you wish to save a webpage for a quick read without converting it to epub, you are now able to save the website direct from your browser (on PC) to your Nook drive (mine is F and G).

The web file will be listed in My Books. When you choose to read it, Nookbrowser will be automatially used to display it. Pressing back button in Nookbrowser will return you to My Books again.

So basically your Nook is now supporting another format, html!

The good news for me is that if I save the web with Thai filename (with UTF-8 encoding option before saving), Nook will display it in Thai book title too!.
Hi, bthoven, thanks for sharing.

if the html in Thai can work in your nook, which means android natively support Thai. So the method I mentioned in former thread should work with you. Did you do a testing and how about the result?
ctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharan View Post
Yes. But I was not able to add page no and the ability to remember the last page read. So, it's not useful if you have to read a full book.
But for an article with few pages, it works fine.
txt files work too.

Yes, it is suitable for quick read as I said.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:18 AM   #5
bthoven
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctos View Post
Hi, bthoven, thanks for sharing.

if the html in Thai can work in your nook, which means android natively support Thai. So the method I mentioned in former thread should work with you. Did you do a testing and how about the result?

The stock Droid font set in Nook do not support Thai. I have to find other Driod font set which has Thai support to replace it (especially the DroidSansFallback.ttf).

Simply put your extra css script in Calibre before conversion won't work; though work, epub reader won't wrap Thai paragraph (Thai sentence/paragraph is usually a continuous text without much space in between. So if that paragraph does not have space at all, I'll will see only the leftmost part of the paragraph in one line only.)
Advert