Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Update on the Astri dual screen ebook reader

This is a follow up report for the hands on video posted on ARMDevices.net a few days ago.

The My Internet Device was developed by Astri, a Hong Kong based research firm funded by the HK government. The unit present at CES was not a prototype; it's a finished product and Astri is looking for retail and distribution partners.

The MyID is actually their second generation design. The previous version was deployed in Hong Kong elementary schools. Based on the news clippings sent to me I'd say it was a netbook with similar dimensions as the MyID. I don't have much more information on the hardware, but I can confirm Bluetooth, Wifi, a browser, and Flash support.

I'm attaching the product brochure I was sent. Be sure to mention my name when you contact Astri.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Product Brief.pdf (283.2 KB, 1089 views)

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-21-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think I'll have to wait for the next generation. It really needs to be able to fold back on itself for single screen use.

Thanks for the update.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think I'll have to wait for the next generation. It really needs to be able to fold back on itself for single screen use.

Thanks for the update.
Apparently someone tried that at CES. It didn't go so well.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Apparently someone tried that at CES. It didn't go so well.
Did he break it?

The folding back would be nice, yes, but with the 5" size, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as the price is right.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
benlau
Enthusiast
benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Thanks for the update.
yes , a tablet-like mode will be much more interesting. But seem that the e-ink size do not come with touch screen , it need to allow extra space for buttons.
benlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Did he break it?

The folding back would be nice, yes, but with the 5" size, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as the price is right.
unless one expects to be able to use a small portable 5" device, with an Eink panel, one handed for reading, right?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote