Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
4.95 installation failure: Kubuntu 8.04

Quote:
Setting up bash completion... failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 170, in setup_completion
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 327, in importHook
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 410, in doimport
File "library.pyz/calibre.gui2.lrf_renderer.main", line 1, in <module>
File "library.pyz/calibre.gui2.library", line 18, in <module>
File "library.pyz/calibre.library.database", line 11, in <module>
File "library.pyz/calibre.ebooks.metadata.meta", line 14, in <module>
File "library.pyz/calibre.ebooks.metadata.epub", line 13, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name QWebPage
File "<string>", line 557, in <module>
File "<string>", line 440, in post_install
File "<string>", line 314, in setup_completion
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'manifest' referenced before assignment
You can uninstall calibre by running sudo calibre-uninstall
Calibre (binary installer) fails to complete installation using Kubuntu 8.04
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
re-download, should now be fixed.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Job: Convert book: golden
tuple: ('ImportError', u'cannot import name QWebPage')
Traceback:
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 925, in worker
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 879, in work
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 866, in get_func
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/any/convert_from.py", line 14, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/rtf/convert_from.py", line 8, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 14, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py", line 13, in

Log:
('ImportError', u'cannot import name QWebPage')
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 925, in worker
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 879, in work
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 866, in get_func
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/any/convert_from.py", line 14, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/rtf/convert_from.py", line 8, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 14, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py", line 13, in
I'm having a problem of a similar nature on debian sid, I have updated all dependencies I can think of. Trying to convert a .txt with a few mark-ups.
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

make sure you have qt and pyqt with webkit support installed.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I ran apt-get update python-setuptools python-imaging libqt4-core libqt4-gui \
python-qt4 python-mechanize imagemagick xdg-utils \
python-dbus python-lxml python-beautifulsoup help2man
this morning.

When I run calibre_postinstall, I get

Trying to setup udev rules...
Restarting Hardware abstraction layer: hald.
/bin/sh: udevadm: command not found
Setting up bash completion... failed
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/linux.py", line 170, in setup_completion
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/main.py", line 1, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/library.py", line 18, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/library/database.py", line 11, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 14, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py", line 13, in <module>
File "/usr/bin/calibre_postinstall", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('calibre==0.4.95', 'console_scripts', 'calibre_postinstall')()
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/linux.py", line 440, in post_install
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/linux.py", line 314, in setup_completion
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'manifest' referenced before assignment

Webkit is installed and up to date too, I even reinstalled it.
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That error message indicates that your pyqt installation doesn't have the QtWebKit module. I suggest asking on the ubuntu fora for help
Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
eumesmo
Connoisseur

It's debian, but thanks anyway, I'll wait for next version to see if it's still broken.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eumesmo View Post
It's debian, but thanks anyway, I'll wait for next version to see if it's still broken.
If a required package to run calibre is not installed on your workstation... the next version of calibre isn't going to help.

Do you have the python-qt4 package installed? It looks like it includes qtwebkit.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
zhur
zhur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Failed to install on Windows XP

I get the following message when trying to install the latest version:

Error in action ExecuteAction: Error in action AddDirectoryToPath: unable to open key: Access is denied.
Error in action ExecuteAction: Error in action AddDirectoryToPath: unable to open key: Access is denied.
while executing
"$obj execute"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::ExecuteActions" line 64)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::ExecuteActions $id -when $when"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::RaiseEventHandler" line 79)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::RaiseEventHandler .wizard"
(command bound to event)

The earlier version installed in August 2008 worked fine.
zhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #10
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
QWebPage fix

Ubuntu 8.10 Seems to have the QWebPage class in the QtWebKit module instead of Qt, as seen in calibre's source.

I have made this change to the source, and now I get no errors, and ePub cover thumbnails display fine in the GUI:

Code:
=== modified file 'src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py'
--- src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py	2008-10-11 00:44:56 +0000
+++ src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py	2008-10-14 12:53:27 +0000
@@ -10,8 +10,12 @@
 from contextlib import closing
 from ctypes import c_long, byref

-from PyQt4.Qt import QWebPage, QUrl, QEventLoop, QSize, QByteArray, QBuffer, \
+from PyQt4.Qt import QUrl, QEventLoop, QSize, QByteArray, QBuffer, \
                      SIGNAL, QPainter, QImage, QObject, QApplication
+try:
+    from PyQt4.Qt import QWebPage
+except ImportError:
+    from PyQt4.QtWebKit import QWebPage

from calibre.utils.PythonMagickWand import ImageMagick, NewMagickWand, MagickGetImageBlob, \
                                            MagickReadImageBlob, MagickTrimImage, MagickSetFormat
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Since Qt is supposed to be a shortcut module that contains the entire PyQt namespace, this is a bug in ubuntu. You should open a ticket. I'll make that change in the code though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
Ubuntu 8.10 Seems to have the QWebPage class in the QtWebKit module instead of Qt, as seen in calibre's source.

I have made this change to the source, and now I get no errors, and ePub cover thumbnails display fine in the GUI:

Code:
=== modified file 'src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py'
--- src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py	2008-10-11 00:44:56 +0000
+++ src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py	2008-10-14 12:53:27 +0000
@@ -10,8 +10,12 @@
 from contextlib import closing
 from ctypes import c_long, byref

-from PyQt4.Qt import QWebPage, QUrl, QEventLoop, QSize, QByteArray, QBuffer, \
+from PyQt4.Qt import QUrl, QEventLoop, QSize, QByteArray, QBuffer, \
                      SIGNAL, QPainter, QImage, QObject, QApplication
+try:
+    from PyQt4.Qt import QWebPage
+except ImportError:
+    from PyQt4.QtWebKit import QWebPage

from calibre.utils.PythonMagickWand import ImageMagick, NewMagickWand, MagickGetImageBlob, \
                                            MagickReadImageBlob, MagickTrimImage, MagickSetFormat
Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
sconnolly
sconnolly began at the beginning.

Device: palmTX
openSuSE 11.0 is exhibiting the same behaviour as ubuntu. Applying the patch allows calibre to build and install.

AS well the file src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html/table_as_image.py also has a reference to QWebPage and should be patched as well.

Last edited by sconnolly; 10-14-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Spoke too soon
sconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks, fixed.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Since Qt is supposed to be a shortcut module that contains the entire PyQt namespace, this is a bug in ubuntu. You should open a ticket. I'll make that change in the code though.
Kovid, what release/distro are you using? I need some reference before filing a bug.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I use gentoo, my PyQt is compiled from source.