Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-23-2007, 04:30 AM   #1
Leon
Leon began at the beginning.

Device: E-Reader
Question Hanlin eReader V3 Help Please

Hi Im thinking of buying the Hanlin eReader V3 and have gone to the site were they sell them over the internet http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...dpro/index.asp, and would like some info on whether this site is legit or not so if someone has done some buying from this site could you please let me know, if this cheks out I will order a Hanlin eReader V3 and thanks to all for the help and great information I was able to read on this site.
By theway there is a reader on this site
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=34
that will will have a Screen:825*1200 10 inches, Expected Release Date:2007-12-31 Which sounds great but I whant to buy the Ebook reader now
well if this info has been posted allredy sorry but i did not find it thanks
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Jinke (which, I'm told by a Taiwanese co-worker, is pronounced jin-kə') is the company that makes the HanLin Reader, so, yeah the site is legit.

We're still waiting for the V2 to release, it was scheduled for May of '06 (they seem to have skipped to the V2b, which also isn't out yet).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 AM   #3
Leon

Question

Thanks for your response I have receveid an Email back from them with payment details which are first your home address and all that then they send their bank details so you can tranfer the money after this they send the Ebook reader, thats why I whanted to know if some one had brought an Ebook reader from them, for my peace of mind , thanks for the help by
Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for your response I have receveid an Email back from them with payment details which are first your home address and all that then they send their bank details so you can tranfer the money after this they send the Ebook reader, thats why I whanted to know if some one had brought an Ebook reader from them, for my peace of mind , thanks for the help by
I have never ever done business with any company that gets paid via a bank transfer. To me that just feels oh so wrong.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have never ever done business with any company that gets paid via a bank transfer. To me that just feels oh so wrong.
It's pretty common in Europe. Last time I went to Rome I hired a private guide, and the company which provided her required payment by bank transfer. Provided it's a reputable company there's nothing to worry about. Credit card facilities are a lot less common in many countries than they are in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Yes, in germany many consider the credit card to dubious. And in many restaurants you cannot pay your dinner with credit cards since the fees are too high. Here we pay mostly with our maestro or EC card.

I personally like cash

Last edited by tribble; 09-04-2007 at 06:57 AM.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
Leon

Smile Geting stung by Banks

well after geting the bank details from Jinke for the Hanlin eReader V3 I sent the cash via bank transfer and should have had it by now but the bank made a mistake and had to send it again mind you after paying AU$28 + anather USD$25 that they deducted at the other end from the amount I sent to Jinke for the ebook reader so I got an email from them teling me it was not the write amount, but they were kindenuf and sent it to me just the same so now im hoping to get it some time next week, but meanwile I Thought I would share this with you all if youre thinking of buying one so you can make sure the bank that transfers the money gets the payperwork Wright the first time and sends direct to the bank acount in china and not to an agent(bank) that then transfers it to jinke acount and slugs you for duing it from the sum you sent , well hope this helps some
Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
Well, the bank deducted the money from the final sum because of the fees.. when you send money by bank wire.. you must check out the fees and add extra to cover them.. unless the recipient agrees to pay the banking fees .
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote