Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Install two version of Calibre

I have what is probably the most stupid question of the year, but please bare with me.
My mom is 85, and not the most computer literate. But, she can use Calibre to go in and see a front cover of a book and read about what it will be about. She LOVES this, that is the only way she can choose a book.
Now for the stupid question, is there a way to have two version of Calibre on a computer? What I would love to do is have one called Calibre, and one called Calibre Audio Books, so she could go in and read about the audio books I have available for her. I know she could go up to the top of the screen and click to see a new library named Audio, but honestly, that is above what she can do. Seriously, way above. Two versions would just be way way easier, that way she could just click on which ever icon she wanted open from her desktop.
I know there are other softwares available just for audio books, but honestly I like Calibre better.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end of this question!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just create two shortcuts for launching calibre using the --with-library commnad line argument to tell calibre to open with a particular library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Just create two shortcuts for launching calibre using the --with-library commnad line argument to tell calibre to open with a particular library.
Thank you very much! I will probably be back asking questions on how exactly to do this, but I will do some reading here first to see if I can figure it out.
You are one smart cookie, and Calibre is an excellent program!
Thank you for the help.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote