Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
k12k08
k12k08 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Edit exth data on azw4, EARN 10 DOLLARS FOR HELP!

Hello,

I have been vigorously trying to edit the exth data I have on my .azw4 ebook. Out of all the programs I tried, they only read and not edit the actual data. The one that came close was the java program " Mobi Meta Editor" that is the only program that read it. I dont mind editing in the hex editor but what kind of value does it display? I know it is not hex because I can not find it with my hex editor. Can some one give me a hand, I just need to edit two values.

I need to edit value 406 and 407.

Any one that gives me direction that works I would donate 10 dollars.

I am on the verge of my head exploding with frustration on this matter and I can not let it go. TIA
k12k08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The Mobiperl tools. and/or Mobi2Mobi-Gui.

Though I can't see why anyone would need to manually edit the values in the 406 and 407 records of the EXTH. Unless you've discovered what they're for?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
k12k08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The Mobiperl tools. and/or Mobi2Mobi-Gui.

Though I can't see why anyone would need to manually edit the values in the 406 and 407 records of the EXTH. Unless you've discovered what they're for?
I tried using those tools in combination and would not open my file *.azw4 for some reason, it said unexpected error.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k12k08 View Post
I tried using those tools in combination and would not open my file *.azw4 for some reason, it said unexpected error.
AZW4s are still mobi files for all practical purposes. Both tools allow me to alter the various EXTH records on the few Print Replica (AZW4) books I have.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
k12k08

Quote:
AZW4s are still mobi files for all practical purposes. Both tools allow me to alter the various EXTH records on the few Print Replica (AZW4) books I have.
I will try again, the thing is my books are still encrypted so maybe that is the reason it is crashing.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
k12k08

The thing is when I try to strip the drm I get this message:
"Error: No key found. Please report this failure for help."

Do i need to remove the drm on the same machine i bought the book?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Never mind. It would seem you're trying to get around the DRM on a rental ebook. Sorry, not interested.

Besides, the forum has a rule against specific DRM removal details.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
k12k08

Quote:
Never mind. It would seem you're trying to get around the DRM on a rental ebook. Sorry, not interested.

Besides, the forum has a rule against specific DRM removal details.
That is not what I am trying to do and out of curiosity can you at least say if it has been done before?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That is not what I am trying to do and out of curiosity can you at least say if it has been done before?
To my knowledge, EXTH 406 has no bearing on anything except rented Kindle books. And no, I have no idea if it's been done before. I'm not even sure what "it" is.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Perhaps you could explain what you ARE trying to do. This is a rented book, yes?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote