Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #16
aaa801
aaa801 began at the beginning.

Device: k4
after installing mkk im still unable to get kual working on my k4
keeps coming up with this device is not authorised as a test kindle
Any ideas?
aaa801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:15 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa801 View Post
after installing mkk im still unable to get kual working on my k4
keeps coming up with this device is not authorised as a test kindle
Any ideas?
did you change the registration after installing?
Either registered or un-registered the Kindle?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #18
aaa801
aaa801 began at the beginning.

Device: k4
ye, that was it, working now, thanks
aaa801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #19
rmbx
rmbx began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
when I tried to use the update funtion to install MKK, it doesn't work. I don't know why.
rmbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #20
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbx View Post
when I tried to use the update funtion to install MKK, it doesn't work. I don't know why.
Without more information I'm going to start at the basics...Have you successfully done the jailbreak? Are you sure you are using the correct install.bin file?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbx View Post
I attempted to write a reply without additional details of the problem, but I am unable to get my crystal ball to boot.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #22
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just added some books to collections using the custom collection column in Calibre. I ran the Kindle Collections Plugin and the report says it worked. I ejected the kindle and restarted but the collections didn't take, it's as if nothing happened. The books are sitting out there on the home page and no in the collections I specified. I've got list by collections selected.

I'm running on an iMac with OS 10.7.5
Kindle PW2 firmware is 5.4.2.1
Calibre is ver 1.21.0
Kindle Collections Plugin is 1.7.11
I can't see how to display version number of Collections Manager

I just installed the MKK which appeared to be successful.

I realize that Calibre is not current, not sure about KC. Is that the problem? Is there some action I'm supposed to take with CM?

Thanks.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jangell2: First: wrong thread .

Second: check the CM first post carefully: you need the correct, tweaked version of the KC plugin, and you need to run an import from inside CM afterwards (which the correct plugin version would also have told you, instead of asking you to reboot, which doesn't do a thing on these devices).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #24
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you. That did it.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #25
CROSP
CROSP began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 Black WiFI
Hi everyone , I am trying to install this tool onto my Kindle 4 Black(with WIFI). It is already jailbroken and firmware is 4.1.1 But unfortunatly I get error like this "the update was not successful ... U006" My serial number starts with B023.
I have downloaded attached file than I found the file Update_mkk-20140214-k4-ALL_install.bin and put it onto my device in root directory, than as in manual Update my Kindle , but unfortunatly error appears. Please help me with this problem .
Thx in advance.

Last edited by CROSP; 04-09-2014 at 08:22 AM.
CROSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #26
CROSP
CROSP began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 Black WiFI
Oh , I have solved the problem , I have installed the last version of JB 1.6 and error has gone. Thx
CROSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
Lykos
Lykos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi
I am trying to install the most recent MKK on my Kindle Paperwhite 2 FW 5.2
It is jailbroken, I have already installed some cli tools, but there is still 37.5MB free space on the root directory and >1GB on /mnt/us/ .
When I run the Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin it tells me Update failed and restarts.
How can I see the errors? How could I istall it manually? What went wrong?
Lykos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check the bottom left corner of the screen (during the update process, before it reboots) for the proper update error code.

Alternatively, if you can, check the system logs (over SSH, or from a ;dm dump).
Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #29
Lykos
Lykos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
The error code is 007, the thing with ;dm dump is, will it produce valuable output after it is rebooted?
Lykos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Lykos: U007 means that your device isn't jailbroken.

As for the dm question: pure luck. Depends how long ago the last log rotation happened, which is why it's recommended to run it ASAP after the event you want info on .

Tags
kindlet, mkk