Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #1
Le_Tigre
Le_Tigre began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Removing 200char limit for Non-DRM'ed annotations

Is there anyone trying just to kill the 200 char limit of annotations for the non-DRM'ed content?

i would direly need it. i tried like 2 days to get a mixed approach of morkl telling how to change the homescrren.
following: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=35

telling where to find the identifiers: .line 2071 and .line 3033
of bookreadingactivity.smali dissassembeld form EbookReader.odex / apk
( i decided not to mark out the whole but only to change the number to 4000)

and a how to here:http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...93#post1913793
i modified and followed the steps for:
(EbookReader.apk / odex) insted of EbookHome)
(i think there is a typo in line 6 - as the aim is to assemble and not to dissassemble - so "d" ought to be a(!))

Procedure:
1: Disassemble EbookHome.odex using baksmali (baksmali -d frameworkdir -a 8 -x EbookHome.odex)
2: Reassemble into classes.dex using smali (smali -a 8 out -o classes.dex)
3: Put classes.dex into EbookHome.apk
4: Unpack EbookHome.apk with apktool (apktool d EbookHome.apk)
5: Make any changes in the newly created EbookHome directory
6: Repack with apktool, new apk ends up in EbookHome/dist directory (apktool d EbookHome)
7: Put the new apk on the sd card of the device
8: Run dexopt-wrapper on the device to get a new EbookHome.odex (in a shell on the device: dexopt-wrapper EbookHome.apk EbookHome.odex)
9: Remove classes.dex from the apk
10: Sign the apk with a suitable certificate
11: Run zipalign on the apk
12: Install on the reader

but i just could not get it to install...

so is there anyone working on this (rather simple) mod?

NB: it is about changing the char limit for NON-DRM'ed content. so ther should not be an issue with rights violation...
Le_Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
Maybe a stupid question but i'm quite a tech noob. If you root the prs t1, you can use other software, don't you? And prolly this software is not saving the highlights and notes in the same way...
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
tried sorta similar things. i used apk manager 4.9 and some other stuff. used up hours and to no avail. the android programming stuff is hard, if you're just randomly picking it up like me just to edit a sony apk x-x

just gotta hope morkl will upload one soon for us =]
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Le_Tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumalcan View Post
Maybe a stupid question but i'm quite a tech noob. If you root the prs t1, you can use other software, don't you? And prolly this software is not saving the highlights and notes in the same way...
yeah - that is possible. though i pers. dislike to rrot mine, as i'm fine with the software as it is. i just use it to read / annotate.

i disliked it rooted tbh. and i could not find a good pdf tool for eink to annotate (within the pdf itself). so i unrooted...

but yeah - feels like waiting for morkls mod...
Old 03-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
Le_Tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiprose View Post
tried sorta similar things. i used apk manager 4.9 and some other stuff. used up hours and to no avail. the android programming stuff is hard, if you're just randomly picking it up like me just to edit a sony apk x-x

just gotta hope morkl will upload one soon for us =]
´funny thing is: i think i got everything right. it just does not want to install - and i dont know how to get him to install it...
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
ok well to install a system app you have to use ADB to push it in. or do one of those script.bat update thingies I think. the former might need root and installation of enable ADB from the russian website.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote