Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
DEAD(ish) Sequel Out - (technically) DEAD!

Cooper's dead. But what's a nerd to do when Heaven doesn't believe in technology, and hell's hotter than an overclocked CPU?

One dead nerd. One {{CENSORED}} Linda, dragged out of heaven to help him find his afterlife. And an ex-girlfriend who swears she didn't do it.

All the chaos, mayhem and gratuitous swearing you've come to expect from a DEAD(ish) novelette, with added snark!

Available from:

Smashwords (all formats) for 99c

Amazon (Kindle, no DRM) for 99c
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Got it! Ooooooo I'm excited! I'll be reading it in bed tonite!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Got it! Ooooooo I'm excited! I'll be reading it in bed tonite!
Thanks Dixie! I hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Snagged it.........thanks!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Snagged it.........thanks!
Yay! Thanks Gran!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How do the ePub versions of your eBooks look? I'm interested in getting them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Seriously, Jon, for .99 you could find out for yourself.

If you didn't like it, you wouldn't be out much!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Seriously, Jon, for .99 you could find out for yourself.

If you didn't like it, you wouldn't be out much!
True. The reason I ask is that the meat grinder (aka Smashwords) has been known to make mince out of eBooks.

But since it is ePub, I figure I should be able to fix any gotchas caused by the meat grinder.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Best advice I can give is to download DEAD(ish) and have a look. There's a Goodreads version of DEAD(ish) that I converted and tweaked myself. I doubt it's perfect, because I didn't hand-code it - but Goodreads probably does have the cleanest available versions of my ebooks.

Edited to add: Haven't had my coffee yet. The one issue I know you'll find with the SW epubs is an occasional blank page. Caused by me adding two blank paragraphs, then a page break, between scenes. It's ugly, but because it goes to so many different formats, that's the best compromise I could come up with between using page breaks and having space between scenes for non-page-break-using formats.

Last edited by nomesque; 11-05-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Best advice I can give is to download DEAD(ish) and have a look. There's a Goodreads version of DEAD(ish) that I converted and tweaked myself. I doubt it's perfect, because I didn't hand-code it - but Goodreads probably does have the cleanest available versions of my ebooks.
Thank you!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
(technically) DEAD is here?
With swearing and added snark?
Another Nomesque masterwork?
For 99c?
And someone is whining?

You hold him, DesertGrandma, while I kick him in the change purse.

I will obtain my very own copy as soon as I finish posting!
And I will read it as soon as I stop dancing!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I liked it! OK, when is the next one coming out? Call it D(ish)oA.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
(virtually) DEAD
(literally) DEAD
(sorta) DEAD
(kinda) DEAD
(better off) DEAD
(the grateful) DEAD
(the naked and the) DEAD
DEAD (to Rights)
DEAD (on arrival)
DEAD (from the neck up)
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I liked it! OK, when is the next one coming out? Call it D(ish)oA.
*snicker*

Maybe Christmas. Maybe. I have a possible start for DEAD (as a Doornail) already down. Might post it here later, if people are interested...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
(virtually) DEAD
(literally) DEAD
(sorta) DEAD
(kinda) DEAD
(better off) DEAD
(the grateful) DEAD
(the naked and the) DEAD
DEAD (to Rights)
DEAD (on arrival)
DEAD (from the neck up)
You haven't copyrighted those, have you??