Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Replacement reading apps for Pocketbook

I've just completed a survey of the Pocketbook InkPad's support for ebook formats and found them lacking.

Can someone point me at better reading options? Is there a single repository site where I can download them?

I found CoolReader, but the app itself was on a Russian site behind a registration wall. What else is out there?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Try this link. It is Russian but don't think it is behind a registration wall. Use the fdwonload link for the 600 series.

If your German is better than your Russian, this is the place for you.

Never upgrade your firmware to any version starting with 5 because then CoolReader won't work anymore and for now there is no way back.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've just completed a survey of the Pocketbook InkPad's support for ebook formats and found them lacking.

Can someone point me at better reading options? Is there a single repository site where I can download them?

I found CoolReader, but the app itself was on a Russian site behind a registration wall. What else is out there?
i have coolreader on my inkpad, which makes it a very good reader, I have installed mupdfreader, but I am not really pleased with it and I had djvu-both, also not really pleased because, maybe it was just me, i couldn't get to have a better control on it.
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
i have coolreader on my inkpad, which makes it a very good reader, I have installed mupdfreader, but I am not really pleased with it and I had djvu-both, also not really pleased because, maybe it was just me, i couldn't get to have a better control on it.
How did you install them, exactly?

The links above led to system folders and not app files. i copied them to my InkPad and nothing happened.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

to be honest, i think i was lucky.
you need to copy the app file to system/bin and the you need to modify the config file which is just a text file. but, if you have a profile set up, you need to modify this config file in profile settings. take a look at this:
"Installation is no different from PB 622/626 etc. Just unzip into the internal memory the following archive:. Tricky part is extensions.cfg. It should be edited if present or created. link to the ready extensions.cfg file. It should be placed into system/config or system/<profile name>/config folder depending on whether profiles are used or not.", a tutorial provided by pkbo.
Nate, change the .txt to .cfg
Attached Files
File Type: zip pkb-cr3-pb-pro-0.0.6-16_3.0.57-15 (2).zip (3.35 MB, 311 views)
File Type: txt extensions.txt (915 Bytes, 377 views)

Last edited by babadockia; 11-18-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
to be honest, i think i was lucky.
you need to copy the app file to system/bin and the you need to modify the config file which is just a text file. but, if you have a profile set up, you need to modify this config file in profile settings. take a look at this:
"Installation is no different from PB 622/626 etc. Just unzip into the internal memory the following archive:. Tricky part is extensions.cfg. It should be edited if present or created. link to the ready extensions.cfg file. It should be placed into system/config or system/<profile name>/config folder depending on whether profiles are used or not.", a tutorial provided by pkbo.
Nate, change the .txt to .cfg
Well, I can't even _see_ the system folder at the moment - even with Windows 7 set to show hidden files.

Edit: No, wait. Now I can see that folder. Apparently Win7 didn't think I was serious before when I told it to show the hidden files.

Last edited by Nate the great; 11-18-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
babadockia
Zealot

It happened to me too when I hooked it to a win machine, but when I attached to a mac, it was there