Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
mtambo
mtambo began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edGe
Intro / PowerAMP help / decent music player with m3u support and widget?

Hi All,
First things first: I'm new here, or relatively so - been lurking for a few weeks. I received a PE a few weeks ago from the Woot lot and I'm loving it. Thank god for this forum! I'm kind of digging the whole "solid product from now-defunct company yields tricky technological hurdles with support of wonderful geeky community" thing. Seriously, I like the little projects that come as a result of tinkering with this PE more than I think I'd enjoy it if it worked the way I wanted right off the bat. This forum has been wonderfully helpful to that effect - thanks for all the great effort and sharing you folks have put forth!

My current question is about the application PowerAMP ( http://powerampapp.com/ ). I've installed it and that seemed to go without a hitch. Now, when I go to run the app, it goes to a black screen for a second, and then back to the previous screen with no actual startup. I assume there's somewhere that an error is being logged, but I don't know how to get to that somewhere. Could any of you help me get this app working?

I'm not particularly attached to PowerAMP - it just seems to be the most recommended. I'd really like a small, lightweight music player that has the ability to play all songs in a given folder, or just handle m3u playlist files. I'd also like it to be able to continue playing songs in the background while I'm doing other things with the tablet - I assume having a "widget" allows this, is that assumption correct? Do any of you know of an app that would fit the bill?

Thanks for any help!
mtambo is offline   Reply With Quote