Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
JDługosz
JDługosz is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Bought Nook. Now what?

I found nookdevs concerning rooting it, but I've not found any alternative or improved reader software or mods. So far, PDFs: gross
to unreadable; Perfectly formatted epub: looks OK, but can't skip to next chapter and goto chapter doesn't sync with current point. Be great if I could reprogram one pair of the hard buttons!
It seems that the platform is much better than the reader exe. Why use its own built-in font when the system font works better and can be made to be used?! Anything with non-Latin text (e.g. Chinese) requires re-conversion with the css listed at nookdevs to work.
The "my library" is also lame, ignoring any directory structure I put on and not showing file names if they are more meaningful than any title it gleems from the PDFs it finds, and it finds all PDFs even if they were not intended to be top-level books. I copied a HTML document (a directory) to it, to see about using the internal browser to view that, and it contains a couple PDFs in that directory tree.
JDługosz is offline   Reply With Quote