Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Round 4: Calling Sony Style re: PRS-500 Firmware upgrade

I had a bad feeling come over me last night so at about 12:20 AM AEDT (GMT+11) I rang Sony Style. I had them confirm my physical address and e-mail address. They had mangled both. - The phone line quality makes things difficult, and the man (couldn't get his name again..) wouldn't send me a test e-mail
He told me I will need to pay to get it back.
This isn't exactly what was indicated to me before, but I agreed to it - I really want my PRS-500 back!
I will confirm details once more late tonight, and ask how I will go about paying (if necessary).
Rounds 5&6..

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-29-2009 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Moar
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
any news yet ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
any news yet ?
Haven't rung them yet (decided to give them a day without me on the phone
On the upside, I received an e-mail asking for feedback - I guess my e-mail address works
Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I had a bad feeling come over me last night so at about 12:20 AM AEDT (GMT+11) I rang Sony Style. I had them confirm my physical address and e-mail address. They had mangled both. - The phone line quality makes things difficult, and the man (couldn't get his name again..) wouldn't send me a test e-mail
He told me I will need to pay to get it back.
This isn't exactly what was indicated to me before, but I agreed to it - I really want my PRS-500 back!
I will confirm details once more late tonight, and ask how I will go about paying (if necessary).
It makes me wonder if they even gave me the right address!
Google Maps confirmed
10227 Crossroads Loop
Laredo, TX 78045
- but I got 10227 Crossroads Loop, Suite C from the man on the phone. Hope that was right too..
Old 11-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
It would be nice if all threads you started regarding this issue were united into one.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
It would be nice if all threads you started regarding this issue were united into one.
That would be handy however I'm unsure how to go about that - an admin might know..
Old 11-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard

Round 5&6

Ok, yesterday (Friday afternoon American West Coast Time) I rang Sony (twice). Firstly I had them confirm my address (again). They had mucked up where I lived. They had Sydney as my address - thats sort of like having a letter addressed to London, New York or Los Angeles: technically correct, but ultimately destined for the dead letter office (and packages that are misdirected eventually end up being sold here..)
I breathlessly told them my suburb and confirmed the whole address with a followup call.
*Finally* I am sure they have my address and contact details correct! It was like pulling teeth, but by George (coincidentally the name of the operator for both calls) I think they've got it! The address that is, not the PRS-500 (that may arrive next week).
Secondly, I checked whether I'd have to pay to get my package back.
They assured me that my package would be sent back to me, by air. When asked whether indeed I needed to pay, they reiterated they were just sending it to me I guess I'm not paying
I may get this thing back by Christmas after all, firmware upgraded and everything!
Thanks again Sony!

--
Oh, and according to Wikipedia:
Quote:
The extensive area covered by urban Sydney is formally divided into 642 suburbs (for addressing and postal purposes)..

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-29-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Moar
Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
I may get this thing back by Christmas after all, firmware upgraded and everything!
Would be nice.
Good luck!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
I really hope the george you were talking to wasn't this george
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
I really hope the george you were talking to wasn't this george
Let's hope not
Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard

My Reader is back now!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
That would be handy however I'm unsure how to go about that - an admin might know..

One of us here will do it for you, if you like. Give us ONE TITLE of your choosing you would like for all these different threads.

Anyway, let us know, and there will be one RABID Moderator here to help!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-11-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
One of us here will do it for you, if you like. Give us ONE TITLE of your choosing you would like for all these different threads.

Anyway, let us know, and there will be one RABID Moderator here to help!

Don
Rabid eh? You really should have that checked out..
Thanks for volunteering