Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
bmeddings
bmeddings
bmeddings doesn't litterbmeddings doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Newbie looking for books by Morris West

Hi !
I'm an 83-year old newbie, decrepit and senile etc. But still trying

Can anyone recommend where I might find e-book versions of at least some of the books by Morris West ? He seems pretty hard to find.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Basil Meddings
bmeddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Open library seems to have some Morris West books in epub with a "borrow" option next to them. I don't know how it works or what the restrictions are.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
This one any good to you?

Audiobook
The shoes of the fisherman
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
bmeddings
bmeddings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
Open library seems to have some Morris West books in epub with a "borrow" option next to them. I don't know how it works or what the restrictions are.
Thank you. I've had a look at Open Library and I think all their books are available for online reading only. Which is reasonable but not what I was looking for.

But thank you for your help and courtesy.

Best Regards
Basil
Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
bmeddings
bmeddings

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
This one any good to you?

Audiobook
The shoes of the fisherman
Thank you. Shoes of the Fisherman is one of the few Morris West books that I've hot in my library.

Regards,
Basil
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Amazon US has none of his works listed as ebooks but they have three as Audible audio books:

http://www.amazon.com/Morris-West/e/...rnid=618072011

...and four as CD audio books...
http://www.amazon.com/Morris-West/e/...rnid=618072011

Amazon UK has six titles:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morris-West/...rnid=492562011

It doesn't look as his books are commercially available as downloadable ebooks.

A simple google search for:
"Morris West" ebook download
...turned up one portuguese pdf edition suggesting pirate "editions" aren't an option either, which would make him a rarity.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
I don't think you will be able to find any ebook, at least for now. You can check various editions of his books here if that is of any help http://www.librarything.com/author/westmorris
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Ok, I just signed into my Open Library account and I am seeing the option of downloading epub on several of his ebooks. Are you sure this isn't listed for you?
Ignore all that say Daisy, and when you do a search check the little box under it that says "Show Only ebooks" to make the list more manageable.
List of books that show download epub option:
The Devil's Advocate
The Shoes of the Fisherman
Proteus
Masterclass
Daughter of Silence
Harlequin
The Salamander
The Clowns of God
Lazarus
The Navigator
The Lovers
Cassidy
The World is Made of Glass
The Tower of Babel
Eminence
Backlash
The Crooked Road
Three complete novels
A West quartet
Granted, these are probably scanned versions and have errors, but I have read books from there before that were scanned and they aren't too bad.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote