Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #76
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I have "Relax and Sleep" for this... I almost forgot about it! I like the rain on that one as well.
Oh, thanks, I'll look in to that one. I was afraid the thunder would scare the dog away, but she doesn't seem to notice.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #77
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Here are the apps I use most often:

Groceries - Out Of Milk
I forgot Out Of Milk. I use it to make out my grocery list all the time. The voice recognition is a huge plus, even though it thinks I'm saying "Please" when I mean "Peas" most of the time.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #78
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
How does Our Groceries compare to Ouf of Milk?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
How does Our Groceries compare to Ouf of Milk?
Ouf

What does "ouf" mean?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #80
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ouf is the Swedish spelling of Out. We're a nation of alphabetically challenged people.
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #81
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
For notes and todos I'd recommend "simple notepad"
Mort player for music, quickpic for images, tally-ho for a counter, bubble leveler for level (Antoine Vianey) , LED light (picolyl),
"Third" for RPG dice. For playing: jigsaroid, andors trail & vector pinball. Still searching for a free & adfree compass since "orienteer" doesn't work with ICS
SiMi clock for a minimal clock calendar weather and battery widget, SiMi folder for shortcuts to apps, folders & contacts (without pics!) "simple audio recorder" (pgsoftware)" Barcode scanner (zxing)" air droid.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #82
doonasmith
doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My favorite android app is the temple run. It keeps me entertaining all the time.
doonasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #83
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I envy you, I wish there was an app that could keep me entertaining all the time. Guess I have to live with being soporific.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I envy you, I wish there was an app that could keep me entertaining all the time. Guess I have to live with being soporific.
Get a pet monkey
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #85
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Get a pet monkey
Are you offering your services?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #86
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Get a pet monkey
Ohh, I'd definitely be entertained by that, not so sure others would find me entertaining though.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #87
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Tapatalk (thanks for the update, last I checked MR was not available!)

GReader - Just discovered this, it even works on my KFire & I am in heaven. I have a Galaxy player, not a smartphone, but if I sync this app with wifi, I can read most articles out of wifi range (the ones that just put snippets in the reader don't work)

Channel Caster Pro - Adore this. Love the formatting so much more than Pulse
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #88
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Is there some place where you can find recommendations for the the better apps in various categories. There are so many on Google Play that I'm not always sure which one to choose.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #89
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Is there some place where you can find recommendations for the the better apps in various categories. There are so many on Google Play that I'm not always sure which one to choose.
I tend to look at the Android forums. There's a lot of info there already, and you could always register to ask questions.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #90
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
I really like anything that allows me to access media via cloud storage not just storing the stuff. In other words, using Google Play (for example) I can store all of my music on-line and play it as well.

I really wish there were other apps like this for books, movies, and music storage AND use. Until I stumble upon such an app I will continue to use Google Play on a pretty constant basis.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote