Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
Jerry
Edge User

DATA Location Settings

Under settings an option to change the MEDIA and similar storage areas to external SD card. As you do for APPS backup however I have yet to find the option to mack up apps. I have SDCARDS set up for Work , Study and Hobbies and I have to spend a lot of time moving data files around to stop filling up the internal "SDCARD"

Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I don't believe there's anything on the eDGe (or Android) that allows you to back up apps. The eDGe "local backup" just backs up everything that has been added to the Library.

Perhaps someone else can recommend a backup app?

Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
VenturingSoul
Edge User

The Astro File Manager is what I use on my Droid. It has a built in backup for your apps. This will produce an .apk file so that the app can be reinstalled. It does not (to my knowledge) back up any data produced by the app, so you still would need to use the local backup on the eDGe to backup your data. I have not tried Astro on the eDGe yet, but will do so.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
pat.indie
Edge User

Astro works fine for apk backup on Edge. I have used it successfully.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Another plus.....Astro runs full screen on the eDGe.

Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturingSoul View Post
so you still would need to use the local backup on the eDGe to backup your data
My understanding is that the Local Backup only backs up the Library, not app data. So, for examples, your browser bookmarks would not get backed up.

Using Astro to at least get the installation APKs is useful.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Jerry
Edge User

If that is the case why do they allow you to change the backup location for the apps and not for the Library especially if the apps are not backed up.

It would be great if teher was a technical guide containing a list of std. file locations.

All I was suggesting was a feature that allows you to change the location to extsdcard as opposed to internal sdcard.

We can always export from the library and then delete files but that would be long winded or we could keep files on external sdcoard or USB and not use the library function.