Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
grigor
grigor began at the beginning.

Device: none
I sell well on KIndle- but I'm not in Ipad, Nook

I have two books that are selling on Kindle. How do I submit these two titled on Ipad and Nook?

Note: I don't speak geek...does anyone have easy answers in English?

Much appreciate any help....
grigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
apbschmitz
Lord of Frogtown
apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apbschmitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You could put them up on Smashwords and let them take care of the details of making your books available for Nook and iPad.
apbschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try making one of your books free on Smashwords so Barnes & Noble will also have it free. That way, you may attract some new readers to giving it a chance and hopefully, they'll buy more of your other books.
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
It's not just B&N and iBooks it'll be on; I'll be able to find it on Kobo --- and - oh, yeah - Smashwords! my favourite Linux-compatible bookstore!

Just make sure to read and follow the Smashwords style guide - it will make your conversion life easier.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #5
William F
Pirosopher
William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kindle, pc
Smashwords is your friend.
It's easy to format your book, it's free, and the exposure is great.
William F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #6
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Ditto.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #7
HighRoadToTibet
John Dwyer
HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another vote for Smashwords. While they may leave something to be desired in formatting for each eReader, they can't be beaten in terms of distribution. You can get your work into Apple's ibookstore, Kobo, B&N, Scrollmotion and more to follow.
HighRoadToTibet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
JLorenz
Enthusiast
JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!JLorenz rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Just make sure to read and follow the Smashwords style guide - it will make your conversion life easier.
Yeah, the style guide was really helpful even if you don't use smashwords. Although you should.
Download the pdf.
JLorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I vote for Smashwords too. It works really well. Don't expect instant sales, but if you're patient and work hard, you'll succeed.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yeah between Amazon and Smashwords you have most of the major stores covered
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
Davidpf
Davidpf began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigor View Post
I have two books that are selling on Kindle. How do I submit these two titled on Ipad and Nook?

Note: I don't speak geek...does anyone have easy answers in English?

Much appreciate any help....
I've used http://www.jutoh.com/ before to convert to different formats and it works well. It's fairly easy to use and learn too.
Davidpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #12
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
I vote for Smashwords too. It works really well. Don't expect instant sales, but if you're patient and work hard, you'll succeed.
Talent also helps.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #13
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowseTheStacks View Post
Talent also helps.
*grin* There is that.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Added to the current discussion: You will need to translate your books to epub format with the help of free software called Calibre.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #15
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I use Smashwords, but you'll get quicker reporting from B&N by going direct through PubIt!

Kindle is 98% of my sales, but others report stronger sales for the Nook, so YMMV.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote