Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Feeling Forgotten

It's been far too long since we heard anything about an update for the Fire from Amazon, and frankly, I'm beginning to get a little frustrated. The last update was supposed to be this major revision but basically it only fixed a couple of things, namely the lack of password protection and the option to control purchasing though the device. There are still loads of things that need to be fixed, like the "momentum" problem, the lack of page numbers, TTS, X-Ray and social media features in the Reader, the browser speed and compatibility issues, and of course the whole Cloud service that needs some serious revamping.

Don't get me wrong; I still like my Fire just fine. And I certainly appreciate that they're expanding services like the Prime Video and that they're working on their next bigger "Hollywood" device, but sometimes I feel like, after the whole hype of christmas sales in the millions, we're being forgotten. And that doesn't make me want to buy future Amazon products at all.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What features were you promised in the specification of the Fire when you bought it, that it does not currently have?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
The 6.2.2 update came out less than a month ago and you're feeling forgotten?
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Have hope. Kindle Fire 2 is probably in final testing now. By this coming August we will all be ordering it.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Have hope. Kindle Fire 2 is probably in final testing now. By this coming August we will all be ordering it.
Sigh. While I wish I could say "Yeah, right!" and mean that in a slightly antagonistic/sarcastic way... I'd really mean "Yeah... You're right..."
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Do you really think that it will be available to "all"? May I ask what reason you have for believing it won't only be sold in the US, as the Fire currently is?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bet you aren't feeling as forgotten as the Nook Tablet owners.

While I'd like to see things perhaps move a bit faster to improve the KF, it hasn't been bad really.

BTW folks, I have a 10" tablet. I really like it and it isn't really that big per se but it isn't portable enough for me to entertain getting the larger purposed KF2.

Last edited by robertc88; 02-15-2012 at 10:37 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I'm not hoping for a KF10. I'm not sure I'd get a K2 anyway -- there is nothing lacking in what I have. The most welcome change would be bluetooth so I could use the arcade console. I like the size, wouldn't use a camera, and wouldn't pay for 3g.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I already have money saved up for the KF2 in my Amazon account and will be adding to it for the coming months in preparation.

This is the case for most Android devices sadly. That's why XDA/CM exist and are responsible for so many ROMs. In general a lot of manufactures don't bother with upgrades, not just because they want you to buy the next model, but because the hardware gets old. Like with iOS devices/Apple computers.

ICS is very good for the KF because it is assigned for devices that don't have buttons. You have the volume in the system bar which is nice. I know you have that in stock too, but having that at the bottom makes a whole difference UI wise. I think with all the hardware issues the current model is having that it won't be officially released though.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
I can't afford to buy another one. Let's get cracking with the updates. Page numbers, an "official" alternative launcher, access to Android Market and an official way to manipulate backgrounds and wallpaper.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote