Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Lake person
Enthusiast
Lake person began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Bebook, Pocketbook 360
PID Number

Quick question. Where do I find the PID number on the Pocketbook 360?
Lake person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I may not be correct about this but...

Are you trying to ummm, do something with a DRM file? If so, what kind of file or where did you buy it? The PID may be found in the desktop version of the reader software. For example, once you add the 360 as a device to Adobe Digital Edition PC software, you can find the PID there.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Lake person
Enthusiast

I was trying to add the device to the mobipocket reader program in hopes if I run a mobi book threw mobi reader I could read it on my pocketbook 360. The only device I seem to be able to read books from a certain company is my Cybook Gen 3. With the Pocketbook 360 the letters show up as triangles, squares, etc. Same with my bebook.

Last edited by Lake person; 02-24-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
You could always use Calibre to convert to ePub unless they are DRMed files.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The MOBI Reader software on the PocketBook is FBReader, which only reads DRM-free MOBI and so does not have a PID and can't be registered with MobiPocket. If you try to read DRMed (encrypted) MOBIs you will get garbage on the screen.

The fix is to strip the DRM, using mobidedrm.py - which if you use Calibre can now be added as a transparent pre-processor for MOBI and AZW (Kindle) input. You still need a PID when buying the MOBI book (and for mobidedrm), but this can be from Windows MobiPocket Reader or from any Reader app provided by MobiPocket (or from your Gen 3, if it is running the MobiPocket-based firmware).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Lake person
Enthusiast

Thank you
Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Lake person
Enthusiast

Update. I have took another baby step into the technical world. I downloaded calibre. What fun I am having converting PDF books to EPUB. I found out the Mobi books I had were in fact DRM. Not happy about that. Not sure about the stripping the DRM off yet. Another baby step. Loving the Pocketbook 360 more every day.

Lake