Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
eightbitman
eightbitman began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen cybook opus
Dropped Cybook, On/Off switch not working

It still works. I Know it does because when I plug it in to my computer the red light comes on, I just can't turn it on any more. The on/off switch is not working any more, but I think I can fix it if I can open it up. So how do I open up the shell without breaking it?

Also if this is a terrible idea I'm willing to hear other suggestions.
eightbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
xeijix
xeijix began at the beginning.

Device: none
The solder points of the on/off switch may have been broken. I only suggest opening it up if you're confident that you can do some surface mount soldering cause the leads on the switch is definitely really small (ie. you shouldn't do it unless you have a soldering iron that is specifically for surface mount soldering)
xeijix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
At least it seams the screen is not broken.

I would contact bookeen, if there is a way to open the shell safely, they are the ones how can tell you.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
All the red light does indicate is that the loading circuitry for the battery is still working - the entire rest could be broken, and the red light would still be lit.

Sorry to say, but odds are it is not only the button thats damaged.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Be careful, if you try to repair yourself the button, you will lose your waranty. Contact bookeen instead, they will doit for you.

Never open yourself the device or the waranty will void, whatever people can say to you. A cybook is a non user servicable device, you don't have to open it to use it. The only servicable part is the battery.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert