Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
LUW
Ex-paperboy
LUW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Arrow Need some suggestions

Guys, I need some suggestions. I just got my K3, and I'm loving it!
Already updated to 3.03 (substantial page-turn improvement) and installed a hack for custom screensavers. But I definitively need a hard cover for it. I have big hands, and on it's own the K3 is too thin. Of course I also want to give it more protection, so there's where a hard cover would make it even better. And since I'm at it, a light source would also be nice.

I went to Amazon first, but the problem with me from Brazil buying from them is that on checkout I'm charged beforehand with duties (that not always are charged over imported goods) and taxes, amounting to just 100% ( ) more over my order. So I would like to find somewhere else to buy these accessories from.

I was thinking about the so called "Kindle Lighted Leather Cover", where I would kill two birds with one stone, but I read reviews on Amazon about other cover styles that do not use the hinge system that the lighted cover (and also the regular leather cover) may break the hinges and so far the frame - this supposedly happen to the K2. Is this a legit concern, and I should get a different style of cover, or not a problem with a K3?

Can anyone suggest a web store that ships internationally where I can find these kind of accessories?
LUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have the kindle cover with the light. I really like having my light with me all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1268192011
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
LUW
Ex-paperboy

As I said above, I need a web store (not Amazon) that sells something like that.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
I bit the bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUW View Post
As I said above, I need a web store (not Amazon) that sells something like that.
Hi LUW
Live in Denmark, so I could only order in US. DID take the plunge/chance with the lighted cover. Ouch ! Very expensive, but have to admit that I haven't had any regrets what so ever.
The cover is pretty good, not perfect, but we just get hit with all sort of import duty/taxes hwn buying from US.
No help, I know, but ....
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
you could go for medgestore and its covers for kindle here but i can't guarantee that they won't bill you extra fees for imported goods.
it's one of the reasons i have yet to buy a cover from... basically anywhere.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Keep an eye on eBay. I see a black lighted cover available now but they are gouging on the price (though they do ship worldwide).

As far as the hinges, I originally had the same concerns as you because there were some issues with the hinged covers cracking the Kindle 2 case. It was pointed out to me that the hinge placement on the new covers in a different place and there is little chance of the Kindle 3 case cracking. I have the lighted cover and have no problems. with it.

Last edited by daffy4u; 10-31-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
LUW
Ex-paperboy

I didn't think eBay would have Kindle stuff, but what do you know? A LOT of stuff up for sale! So I ordered two different cases (I'll give my dad the second one) for fairly cheap. I didn't see any of the lighted ones, but anyway that one is too expensive - I didn't pay that on both the ones I ordered.

For a light I'm thinking about getting this one from DealExtreme. I don't think you can go wrong for that price, and I honestly would prefer to use a light with an independent power source.