Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I haven't gotten an invite, but the way I read it, its for folk who buy a lot of paper books.......

I believe they are trying to turn paper book readers in to ebook readers!

This seems like a 'win win' situation. If someone truly doesn't like it, they can return it........but very few, I think would do so. Ebook readers can be kinda.........addictive.
Very narrowly targeted, I suspect. Of course 'a lot' is subjective, but I think I buy a lot of pbooks from Amazon-but mostly those are used and I buy them because they're cheaper than the ebook version. Usually, significantly so. I doubt if that would change and therefore it wouldn't change my buying habits either. At least not very much. About the only difference I can think of is if the $18 ebook (non-Amazon) that I reject in favor of a $7 used pbook (Amazon) were available for Amazon's $10 price. So far I haven't bought any ebooks from Amazon as I don't own a Kindle.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #17
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I didn't get it, and I buy a fair amount of paper books from Amazon, since that is where I buy most of my school books. Would have been interesting to try that out.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I didn't get it, and I buy a fair amount of paper books from Amazon, since that is where I buy most of my school books. Would have been interesting to try that out.
Are your email preferences open to get these kinds of notices?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote