Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
gaba00
Edge User

Markups cannot be read in Adobe Reader

Hi all,

I want to use the Edge for classroom courses. The students can take notes on the presentations (in pdf format stored on the Edge), save back their notes into the pdf, export it onto a memory stick and take back home presentations + notes.
Unfortunately the pdfs with the markups are not showing the notes when you open it again on the PC with the Adobe Reader.

Is there any way to make the markups visible in Adobe Reader?

Export back into pdf does work, I know. But, it takes quite some time for the export, and it comes with a generic filename completely different from the original. And it has to be as simple as possible as I don't want to loose time explaining the students how to operate the Edge but rather train what I need to train ;-)

Thanks for any feedback
Cheers Gaba

Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
walt526
Edge User

I think that you're a little confused about how the eDGe works. When you make annotations to a PDF file, you're not making any changes to the PDF file itself. Rather, you're writing on a separate file whose image is superimposed upon the original PDF. The only way to combine the two is to export to a new PDF (which is an image file of both original files).

Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
gaba00
Edge User

Well, I wasn't sure but somehow assumed it is working that way. So thank you for the confirmation. I did also try to enable markups in the original pdf but of course that didn't work either, which makes sense now.