Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
Fiacha says 'Hi'

My wife got excited when she saw the hooraw in the press about the Kindle.

She is a technophobe so I was deeply suspicious but she had a good story and so I went shopping. I got hold of a PRS-500, loaded up few books and handed it to her one day with a 'Tell me what you think.'

I haven't got it back, but I haven't had any luck trying to get her to use the laptop to update her library either.

Last week she asked for a book that didn't show up here but is available via Project Gutenberg so I'm poking at BD and libprs500.

We live in the Pacific NorthWest.

Don't expect to hear a lot from me as I have to work for a living and I'd rather be reading than chatting, but that does reduce my admiration and appreciation for the developers of tools and the converters of books.

Fiacha
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiacha View Post
Last week she asked for a book that didn't show up here but is available via Project Gutenberg so I'm poking at BD and libprs500.
Welcome.

You may want to check manybooks.net. Most PG stuff is available there in many formats, usually including the Sony BBeB format (.lrf).

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, Fiacha.
Tell us the author and title and I'll convert it and post it in our upload section.

(Click on Ebooks in the blue bar at the top of the page, if you haven't yet come across our collection of ebooks.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

pilotbob was right

Manybooks has the titles my wife was looking for.

I'll have to find another way to make myself useful
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiacha View Post
Manybooks has the titles my wife was looking for.

I'll have to find another way to make myself useful
I think that you should post your request anyway. I think that you will find that the books that have been handcrafted for this site are far superior to the ones on Manybooks.net.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Fiacha and welcome to the Forum. As you can see, you have come to the right place for friendly advice
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #7
Fiacha
Enthusiast

Since you asked.

My wife was looking for the rest of the Anne of Avonlea books, Rainbow Valley and Rilla of Ingleside. She was also interested in Kiplings childrens books, which was why I was messing with Kim.

Personally, I would like to see some of P.C.Wren's French Foreign Legion books, e.g. Beau Geste, and there was 'Pincher Martin O.D.' by 'Taffrail' that I enjoyed rereading as a boy.

Fiacha
Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hi Fiacha, i've noticed Justy posting quite a few Anne of Avonlea books lately ; maybe the ones your wife is looking for are among them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, there are most of L M Montgomery's novels in our upload section.

I've just added 'Rainbow Valley' and hope that your wife enjoys it.
I'll convert 'Rilla of Ingleside' this evening.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
Patricia
Reader

'Rilla of Ingleside' is now uploaded.