Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
YES give me a minute

Here we are:
http://www.nakido.com/C8D650FD8FEAF5...4F82EEED9716D1

Last edited by LARdT; 12-23-2009 at 11:33 PM.
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Thought: this firmware is based on the ADE-based LBOOK firmware without Mobi DRM support. Would it be possible to extract the mobipocket parser libraries from an *older* Lbook release to install it in the newer firmware to get dual DRM support? (Hint!)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Great idea. Difficult to implement. I'll check with TIRWAL, not sure about availability of library.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #19
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

TIRWAL version 1.6 IS READY and with your request. We need you for the testing as far as we dont have any MOBI WITH DRM
Old 12-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #20
jwsheets
Connoisseur
jwsheets began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I'll be glad to test, I have lots of Mobi with DRM. Is it on the site?
jwsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #21
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
I'll be glad to test, I have lots of Mobi with DRM. Is it on the site?
Yes.
http://mipapyreebookreader.blogspot....descargas.html
Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
jwsheets
Connoisseur

I tested the latest firmware, my BeBook now reads both drm'd formats with no problem :-)

Last edited by jwsheets; 12-24-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
jwsheets
Connoisseur

LARdT:

One of the problems with V3 readers contrasted with v5 readers, is EPUB internal hyperlinks. In the v5 firmware from ASTAK, the reader will follow internal links by using the 9 & 0 keys to move among links on a page and then hit enter to follow that link. The v3 firmware however defaults to next / previous page with the 9 & 0 key. DO you know of a way to impliment the missing hyperlink feature in a v3 device?

One problem with the v5 implementation however is that after you follow the hyperlink, there isn't a "back" button to take you back to where you were reading before you followed the link. It would be nice if we are ever able on the v3 to follow internal hyperlinks, if we can have the ability to go back as well :-)

Last edited by jwsheets; 12-24-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #24
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi:

The keys are hardcoded inside ADE. It's difficult to change without the code. I'm trying another thing that affects to EPUB files.I get new PDB and XPDF libraries, and if latest ideas works I update today. If not, I'll wait until I'll make more changes.

Merry Christmas.
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:13 AM   #25
kiermel
Enthusiast
kiermel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Good work Tirwal.

Merry Christmas.
Feliz Navidad.
kiermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #26
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Something I would love to see is a screetshot capability. There are two possible ways to invoke a screenshot (once it is available) a) the Kindle and the PocketBook have this bound to a key press, or b) the iLiad invokes an app that sets up a delayed screenshot 30 seconds later and then exits. With the key press aproach, you have to find an available key and not everything can be screenshotted (because sometimes the key is in use or unavailable). With the delay approach, all screens reachable in 30 seconds can be captured but the 30 second delay is a pain. Either way the image should be written to a standard place with a unique name. Adding a beep to indicate that the shot was successful would also help.

A suitable screenshot program should be in the pocketbook source code, or for the iLiad see fbshot via the contentlister.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #27
jwsheets
Connoisseur

Thanks and...

Thanks for all your efforts that make our readers a better device!

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
I tested the latest firmware, my BeBook now reads both drm'd formats with no problem :-)
Wow! This firmware is very impressive!
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #29
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
TIRWAL version 1.6 IS READY and with your request. We need you for the testing as far as we dont have any MOBI WITH DRM
I can report that DRM'ed Mobipocket runs perfectly.

Of note:
The "About" pick in the settings page does not report the reader's Mobipocket PID. I know it, so buying new DRM'ed Mobi won't be an issue but people new to DRM'ed Mobipocket on the Hanlin V3's would well advised to install an older pre-ADE firmware to get the PID and then install the Tirwal 1.6.

And yes, the firmware *is* impressive.
Stable and feature-rich.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #30
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
Tirwal has released his 4th MOD version of HANLIN firmware, fixing a few bugs, including TIGRAN's DJVU update.

TIRWAL firmware continues its evolution

I have not noticed in this Firmaware specific features of the latest version Firmaware for Lbook ...
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote