Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #3541
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

48 DAYS LEFT!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #3542
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm 50% done with White Night. Very exciting! Lost a lot of listening time in the past couple of days, but hopefully, catch up this weekend.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #3543
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #3544
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skin Game Release...

46 DAYS LEFT!!!!

I hope I'm reading fast enough to be done just in time for it
Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #3545
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool New Graphic Novel, New Story: WAR CRY!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:

Dynamite recently announced the newest original Dresden Files graphic novel story “War Cry”, which will be released as a 5 issue series initially, with issue 1 in stores June 4th!

In War Cry, four months have passed since the events depicted in Dead Beat, the 7th novel in the Dresden Files series. A war is raging between the vampire forces of the Red Court and the White Council—a war the wizards are losing. So desperate are the Council that they’ve dragooned the inexperienced and the outcast to reinforce their thinning ranks of Wardens. One of these draftees is one Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only wizard for hire and a guy who’s long been looked upon with suspicion by the supernatural authorities. Now, he’s one of them, and his first big mission as a Warden is a doozy: take a small team of greenhorns to a frigid town in the middle of nowhere to rescue a handful of mortals who’ve been targeted by the Red Court. The question is, why exactly are these particular mortals so crucial to the outcome of the war? The answer will come only if Harry can keep them, and his team, alive for one very long night.

Says Jim: “The greatest frustration about writing the Dresden Files is all the stories I come up with that are too small or too straightforward to write into a novel. One of the great pleasures I’ve had as a writer is getting the opportunity to tell some of those stories in a short-story format, and in graphic novels like this one! WAR CRY is one of the stories I always wanted to tell but never got the chance to in the context of the novels, and I’m extremely pleased with how well it’s coming out.”

We encourage you to go to your local comic shop retailer and pre-order a copy today!

To find a comic shop near you go to www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-COMIC-BOOK.

Check out the listing on Previews (APR141129).

As a preview, we’re showing you the main cover, an alternate “steampunk” cover, and the first five pages (sans text). Feast your eyes on the pretties! Morgan and Luccio are really throwing down here — it’s a look at the front lines of the Red Court War. (Click each page to embiggen!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DresdenWarCry01-Cov-Sejic.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	526.7 KB
ID:	121587Click image for larger version

Name:	DresdenWarCry01-Cov-IncenGomez.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	121588

Name:	WarCry01-01.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	121589Click image for larger version

Name:	WarCry01-02.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	121590Click image for larger version

Name:	WarCry01-03.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	121591

Name:	WarCry01-04.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	121592Click image for larger version

Name:	WarCry01-05.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	121593

Posted by fred at 10:04 am
Advert
Old 04-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #3546
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

Old 04-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #3547
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date countdown:
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #3548
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

43 DAYS LEFT!!!

Sorry I missed the last couple days, thanks Alan!

I'm 3/4 through Blood Rites now, I'm hoping to finish by tomorrow. I think I'm running behind and I really want to finish my re-read in time for Skin Game.

Last edited by leanansidhe; 04-14-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Fixed the countdown, whoopsie
Old 04-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #3549
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Yay, the first chapters will be posted soon!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #3550
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
44 DAYS LEFT!!!

Sorry I missed the last couple days, thanks Alan!

I'm 3/4 through Blood Rites now, I'm hoping to finish by tomorrow. I think I'm running behind and I really want to finish my re-read in time for Skin Game.
Correction:

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #3551
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Correction:

Fixed it
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #3552
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool What to read after Skin Game's release!

The Witch with No Name (The Hollows #13) By Kim Harrison - release date 9/9/2014.

Last edited by alansplace; 04-14-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #3553
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The Witch with No Name (The Hollows #13) By Kim Harrison - release date 9/9/2014.

That's going to be the final Hollows book, isn't it Alan? I seem to remember reading that somewhere...
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #3554
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
That's going to be the final Hollows book, isn't it Alan? I seem to remember reading that somewhere...
The quote on that page implies that there's one more after that, by calling this book a "buildup to the finale."
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #3555
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Witch with No Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
The quote on that page implies that there's one more after that, by calling this book a "buildup to the finale."
I too read something a while back that indicated that #13 would be the final book of the series and I also noticed the phrase "buildup to the finale". It's a mystery to me as to which is the truth.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy