Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #31
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Glad you asked.

Calendar "works", but it won't sync my events. Not even an initial sync, and I don't see a sync button.

Under "My calendars" it has "US Holidays" and "myname@gmail.com" so it has the correct stuff. It retrieved the holidays, but not my events.
Aw I'm sorry to hear that. But it's not that much of a hardship to me to go online for calendar. I don't have much on it anyway.

I definitely do not seem to be automatically syncing GMail on the Nook. I have to do it manually to get changes on the Nook to apply to Gmail on the computer.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
After looking at that I see some screwed up the working Market app. I'll pass for now. Will keep the newer Market .apk handy though should I change my mind down the road. Thank you for the info.
I couldn't resist trying it today. I put the new market .apk on my sd card (renamed Vending.apk) and then used my file manager (estrong) to install it. It basically just updated it, and everything works fine. I didn't have to go through the hassle of replacing the old one.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #33
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I couldn't resist trying it today. I put the new market .apk on my sd card (renamed Vending.apk) and then used my file manager (estrong) to install it. It basically just updated it, and everything works fine. I didn't have to go through the hassle of replacing the old one.
OK, I'm trying it now.

Edit: It worked! Installed via Astro file manager.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #34
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
OK, I'm trying it now.

Edit: It worked! Installed via Astro file manager.
Yeah, it was really easy.

Although my wife has been teasing me about it for the past hour...

Quote: "I didn't know today was Christmas!" etc.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #35
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Yeah, it was really easy.

Although my wife has been teasing me about it for the past hour...

Quote: "I didn't know today was Christmas!" etc.
Cute.
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Glad you asked.

Calendar "works", but it won't sync my events. Not even an initial sync, and I don't see a sync button.

Under "My calendars" it has "US Holidays" and "myname@gmail.com" so it has the correct stuff. It retrieved the holidays, but not my events.
Figured it out. I simply uninstalled and re-installed. Then rebooted. It pulled in my events.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #37
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Figured it out. I simply uninstalled and re-installed. Then rebooted. It pulled in my events.
Thanks for this follow up...I'll give calendar a try when I have a few minutes. First have to reenable hotspot on my Fascinate...then figure out if I am, indeed, syncing gmail. THEN on to calendar.

On a completely unrelated note...anyone want to place bets that the Nook gets 2.2 before the Samsung Fascinate?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #38
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Thanks for this follow up...I'll give calendar a try when I have a few minutes. First have to reenable hotspot on my Fascinate...then figure out if I am, indeed, syncing gmail. THEN on to calendar.

On a completely unrelated note...anyone want to place bets that the Nook gets 2.2 before the Samsung Fascinate?
Remember to read the thread that I sent you regarding Calendar.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #39
French
Groupie

Quote:
Remember to read the thread that I sent you regarding Calendar.
I just took a look...I'm not actually that worried about getting calendar on my Nook. I don't mind going to the internet to get it. Have you noticed any battery hit now that you have a program regularly syncing?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #40
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I just took a look...I'm not actually that worried about getting calendar on my Nook. I don't mind going to the internet to get it. Have you noticed any battery hit now that you have a program regularly syncing?
No, because there's no significant exchange of data. I thought the same thing about just accessing it via Internet, but it's really nice this way to work in the app and also get notifications in the corner of the screen. I have Microsoft Outlook syncing with Google Calendar. I can do stuff on my NOOKcolor and Outlook will be updated as well. Which in turn syncs with my phone (Windows Mobile).
Old 12-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #41
French
Groupie

Quote:
No, because there's no significant exchange of data. I thought the same thing about just accessing it via Internet, but it's really nice this way to work in the app and also get notifications in the corner of the screen. I have Microsoft Outlook syncing with Google Calendar. I can do stuff on my NOOKcolor and Outlook will be updated as well. Which in turn syncs with my phone (Windows Mobile).
You are a BAD influence! Now I gotta do it.

By the way...this is likely a stupid question (and we can take it offline), but the only time I've synced with Microsoft Outlook has been on my computer. Is there a way to do it "online"? I miss my comcast calendar being on my phone.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #42
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
You are a BAD influence! Now I gotta do it.

By the way...this is likely a stupid question (and we can take it offline), but the only time I've synced with Microsoft Outlook has been on my computer. Is there a way to do it "online"? I miss my comcast calendar being on my phone.
I use Google Calendar Sync, but I still connect my phone to the computer. Again, it's a Windows Mobile phone. You have an Android phone so you have more freedom in how you get your stuff on there.

http://www.google.com/support/calend...n&answer=98563

Under "Getting Started" item #2 is the download.

Last edited by SCION; 12-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #43
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
do you need to root first ?

Probably a dumb question. But do you need to root the NookColor first and then perform this process, or does it do the lot in one job?

Thanks.

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #44
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post
Probably a dumb question. But do you need to root the NookColor first and then perform this process, or does it do the lot in one job?

Thanks.

Hal.
Yes, you need to root first. If you click on the links to the automated and manual processes it lists what must be done first.

Not a dumb question.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #45
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post

Thanks.

Hal.
Just checked, now there's an all-in-one process that includes rooting and enabling Android Market.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting

The steps are the same they simply combined the steps into one rooting instruction sheet.