Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #16
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
well i'm looking to get a replacement off ebay (i know like Anything battery on ebay super dodgey.) but any help in working multiple segments cause it worked for about 30mins when i left it on my Wall adapter for my RaspberryPi for about 30mins before running into this again. so its battery related.

unforantly i belive the flash for rootfs area is blank by now. as well i think it's needing to be reset. (so many failed attempts?)

where im going wrong why before removing my battery it Still didnt debrick. the guide says like to put in teh address bar, "0x003C1000" but shouldnt that be without 0x as it's allready there ?

does renaming the kernel and rootfs images matter? as downloading them from the K3 Debricking guide for Noobs guide has them as mmcblk0p1_3.0.2.img etc for rootfs, and likewise for kernel.

i'm getting desperate to recover my K3 so i can use it for the "KindleberryPi" (basicly a JB'd K3, running a terminal emulator and USBNetworking making the K3 a usable terminal interface to the RaspberryPi over USB.

As i broke down last week and got a deal with amazon on an K4 Mini (nontouch) as i mentioned that i neede dto replace my K3, (they discounted the 69.99 price on it to 54.99$ though i would of had a 70$ deal on a touch and was a lil tempted to grab a touch instead)
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
well i'm looking to get a replacement off ebay (i know like Anything battery on ebay super dodgey.) but any help in working multiple segments cause it worked for about 30mins when i left it on my Wall adapter for my RaspberryPi for about 30mins before running into this again. so its battery related.
Running for 30 minutes after charging for 30 minutes is more than can be expected. You need to charge it MUCH longer. Perhaps 20 hours.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-11-2012 at 04:05 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I lost the thread there.

1) replacement battery: Go for it. Most "unnatural" deaths that I have witnessed or read about have been battery related. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxKqr3t35HM They want $30 (but you get to hear Bolero on the video)

2) rootfs - yes probably toast but hey you can fix it one day

3) 0x just tells the application it's a hex address (can't hurt to put it in)

4) renaming the files doesn't matter (only the content)

5) Yep it will be a kindleberry (would need to be able to turn on)

6) Touches are almost extinct. Better make the decision soon before they al head for the tarpits.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote