Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Epub 3 download?

Anyone know where I can find a Epub3 demo download? I'm guessing it'll take a firmware update for it to run on my Kobo Touch but I would still like to try.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
http://azardi.infogridpacific.com/html/resources.html

Referenced in the last epub3 thread.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
efithian
Developer
efithian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
You want an epub3 file to examine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Anyone know where I can find a Epub3 demo download? I'm guessing it'll take a firmware update for it to run on my Kobo Touch but I would still like to try.
You can download Moby Dick.

http://code.google.com/p/epub-revisi....epub&can=2&q=

It won't open in Sigil, but does open in ADR, but without the embedded audio. Azardi 8 opens it but without audio.

You can extract the file with stuffit expander and view the individual parts. The xhmtl files open in bbedit, and the audio plays in qtplayer. Maybe something at the end of Jan 2012 ;-)

Last edited by efithian; 01-03-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: update
efithian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
Lancelot
Enthusiast
Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
How is this a good example of epub3? Just another typical Google sloppy OCR scans. Since most of the book is straight up text...this shows very little of what epub3 claims to do.

I confirmed this file doesn't open in Sigil but interestingly Nook Tablet can open it.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
efithian
Developer
efithian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Works in iBooks on iPad

The Moby Dick epub3 doc works in iBooks on the iPad. I suppose that iBooks will have to be upgraded to do audio. It would be nice to have a reader that supports this function, as well as an easy to use editor.
efithian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert