Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #16
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimert
Hi,
you could also use pdaConverter (http://www.jakewalk.de/wiki/pmwiki.p...e.PdaConverter). It is freeware (Windows). I used it quite often for converting pdf files for reading on my palm - ages ago :-)
Cheers,
Klaus
Thanks... though I don't usually use windows and wasn't planning on reading this on a Palm or other PDA....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #17
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Thanks... though I don't usually use windows and wasn't planning on reading this on a Palm or other PDA....
No, you misunderstood (or I didn't explain it well enough - English is not my first language). I should have said that I used it for converting pdf files to txt or html (for reading on my Palm), NOT to prc or pdb (for some reason I never liked Palm's eReader). So, you could use it for your purpose, too. Only Windows seems to be a problem there.

Cheers,
Klaus
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh. I had looked at the web page and decided that it only outputs PDB/PRC formats. So that's not correct, then? What formats does it output besides TXT and HTML (those would probably do well enough, but I'm just checking if there are others).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #19
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimert
No, you misunderstood (or I didn't explain it well enough - English is not my first language). I should have said that I used it for converting pdf files to txt or html (for reading on my Palm), NOT to prc or pdb (for some reason I never liked Palm's eReader). So, you could use it for your purpose, too. Only Windows seems to be a problem there.

Cheers,
Klaus
Sorry Klaus, your English is fine! But when I looked at the website all I saw were palm formats as output. That was the source of my confusion. Thanks for the pointer!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #20
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
for the mac, have you tried the obvious? Preview?

I'd try cropping the PDF using the select tool and then crop (under tools). Do this to remove headers, footers, pages numbers etc etc etc. You should be able to reduce this to just your content only.

Then change tools and use the text tool, do a select all, and bingo, formatted text is in your clipboard. Paste into whatever app you want and it should work.

From here you can then massage it to however you want it to look.

This is how I do it using mac OS 10.4.8 anyhow,

good luck and if you need help, just ask,

micro
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #21
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

micro, thanks for the suggestions. See posts #1 and #4 for why the copy/paste solution didn't work. See #5 for my experience with Preview.

Recently I realized that we have Acrobat Professional at my new job. I've already "solved" my problem by obtaining a differently formatted copy of this file, but I may try loading the original up into Acrobat Professional to see if I can get around the custom encoding that way.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #22
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Did you try the 'save as text' feature in Acrobat Reader? (I have'nt read all the posts)
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #23
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Did you try the 'save as text' feature in Acrobat Reader? (I have'nt read all the posts)
"Save as text" produces junk output. It's that *^&)#% custom encoding.