Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Good Bye DRM ?

This is actually good news for those of us who are not criminals. Plus, they accept Paypal.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ee-ebookstore/

http://translate.google.com/translat...le_id%3D100039

Last edited by obsessed2; 01-06-2012 at 08:28 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is very misleading. Watermarking IS a form of DRM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, but not to the same extent as Adobe DRM. Maybe I should have titled this A Better Alternative to Adobe DRM. I like this because it eliminates the hassle of having to run a book through a meat grinder just to be able to read it on another device. Plus, it takes the frustration out of trying to read books you actually purchased and own and can't read because of Adobe DRM Errors (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159667).

I like the idea of a watermark because like the article says it actually makes it easier to track down pirates while leaving the rest of us alone who actually just want to be able to read what we buy.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I like the idea of a watermark because like the article says it actually makes it easier to track down pirates while leaving the rest of us alone who actually just want to be able to read what we buy.
I entirely agree. Just pointing out that, contrary to the title of the article, these books do still have DRM. I'm very much in favour of watermarking; it imposes no limits upon the usage of the book, while retaining the ability to track down abusers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast
Vit-orekhov began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Thanx God, in soviet Russia everything is being distributed for free.
Vit-orekhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Is it the kind of drm that makes me sob my guts out because I have just handed $xx.xx over and it won't allow me to use the file as I wish on calibre and I had to bus to the library to use their copy of ADE to transport their book to my reader? (Happened to me until I found out about how DRM works, I used to think "buy, download, use....simple". What a laugh)

Example of how I treat my books: I bought a book that was authored by a friend of mine, on Smashwords, and was happy as peaches because I was able to go into sigil and change the icky way the font was formatted (admittedly smashwords meatgrinder does a terrible job) into one of my liking. I also got to insert the metadata inside the cover jacket like I do with all books on my reader.

Now it resides happily on my reader waiting for me to finish it and give a review.

If the watermarking won't allow me to do what I currently enjoy doing with all the books in my calibre collection, then yes, I won't see it as a bonus.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Yeap.

I hate watermarking even more, it's sometimes harder to remove.
Well, some pulishers does that OK, but i've seen a book with the watermark at the end of every chapter, very anoying.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote