Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Anyone getting an error while trying to authorize under Windows? Getting an E_AUTH_NOT_READY when I try
Seems the solution was to go into ADE 1.x and deauthorize it. (I think it was Ctrl+Shift+D). After that the 2.0 would authorize properly.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Seems the solution was to go into ADE 1.x and deauthorize it. (I think it was Ctrl+Shift+D). After that the 2.0 would authorize properly.
Works for me also. Thanks!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh gawd.....I hate this, they always screw things up when they update their software....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Oh gawd.....I hate this, they always screw things up when they update their software....
I hear you! However, this one went pretty smoothly for me this time.

YMMV

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Ok, stupid question time - do I install this in a new directory or over my old ADE? *runs and hides*
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just picked whatever default the installer offered me.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
Ok, stupid question time - do I install this in a new directory or over my old ADE? *runs and hides*
Install it in the default directory that the installer mentions.
After installing the new version the installer wil detect your old version, and aks you if you want to transfer your books to the new version. After the books have been transferred it will ask you if you want to delete the old version.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Had no problem with the install and I didn't have to worry about authorizing anything since all drm has been stripped! I just transferred the books over and away I went.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

@Cfrizz Do remember thought that if you DO buy new material that is DRM protected it might well be safer to have done the ADE registration now so that when ADE does the download it is done to your ID rather than to an anonymous, temporary computer registration.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
@Cfrizz Do remember thought that if you DO buy new material that is DRM protected it might well be safer to have done the ADE registration now so that when ADE does the download it is done to your ID rather than to an anonymous, temporary computer registration.
Is that one of the differences in the new version?

I only use it do download or purchase and then strip and convert.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #26
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
...I only use it do download or purchase and then strip and convert.
^This
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I think it might always have been that way; what I mean is that if you do NOT register ADE with an ID, material is registered to your computer and ONLY your computer.

So in case of a failure of your machine, if you reload ADE on a new machine and copy over the DRM encumbered files, then they are not readable.

If on the other hand you have registered to an Adobe ID, then, a reinstall on a different machine will allow you to access those DRM encumbered files.

Yes.. I realize you strip DRM but still ....
Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The big change is that you can have both the version of Adobe DRM you get using Sony, Kobo, Google, BOB and more AND seller specific DRM in the same DRM library. You can read (if you like) from the ADE program regardless of what Adobe flavoured DRM you use.

It does NOT though automatically make it possible to put two different kinds of ADE DRM onto the same device.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #29
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Since I avoid B&N like the plague, I don't worry about their drm.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
30 minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

Installed ADE 2.0 on my WinXP/SP2 box with ADE 1.72 already on it and running happily for months. (Note that Adobe says SP3 is a minimum requirement for an XP install but the install process did not balk, so I went ahead.)

Things seemed to go smoothly. I was asked if I wanted to transfer existing 1.72 books (I did not), and my security program alerted me that a program called "migrate" wanted to run. I allowed it, and post-install, ADE 2.0 informed me that it was successfully authorized with my existing Adobe ID.

However, every graphic (book covers, interface buttons, etc.) was scrambled. Tried to open a newly downloaded library book, and the contents were also scrambled. Life, being as short as it is, lead me to just uninstall ADE 2.0. It went smoothly and I did not have to reauthorize 1.72. I re-downloaded the same library book and 1.72 performed as usual.

I see from some postings that people deauthorized 1.72 first, then authorized 2.0 by hand, but as far as I'm concerned, Adobe should tell one that. And if 2.0 won't work on a particular SP of an OS, Adobe should flag that during install, also. That ain't rocket science. (FWIW, my interface graphics (buttons, menus) were distorted before I downloaded any content. The "migrate" program was already complete.)

Adobe products have been a PITA for years and years. The tradition continues.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote