Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Shemmy
Shemmy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300; Samsung Omnia II
Hello from the Mid-Atlantic

Just thought I'd say hi and share a bit of info about my gadget addiction. I've been working in IT for about five years, and broke into the industry the old fashioned way: I found a job because I could do what they company needed at that time. I'm a horrible gadget addict, which drives my wife crazy. She recently made me get rid of a lot of old PCs I had lying around and told me I had to stop changing smartphones every six to ten months

Anyway, I'm also an avid reader, and hope to pick up a Sony PRS-300 in the next few days. I am completely infatuated with the navy blue, and since I missed the Best Buy deal by two days, I've been trying to find a good price. I also read on my laptop (Acer Extensta 5620Z running Windows 7) and on my smartphone (Samsung i920 Omnia II).
Shemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, shemmy.

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Mid Atlantic? Are you on a ship?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Shemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Mid Atlantic? Are you on a ship?
I could have said Delmarva, but that ignores DC and sounds ugly.

I just ordered my PRS-300 in navy blue!!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemmy View Post
I could have said Delmarva, but that ignores DC and sounds ugly.
Any chance of a translation?
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Shemmy

Delaware Maryland Virginia
Old 01-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Shemmy, since this is a world wide forum, many of our members aren't familiar with the "mid Atlantic" term.

We're always asking each other to define terms.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Always good to learn something new - I too was imagining Shemmy in a boat in the middle of the sea (and wondering about internet access out there).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
Shemmy

Wish I had a boat.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR, Shemmy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Always good to learn something new - I too was imagining Shemmy in a boat in the middle of the sea (and wondering about internet access out there).
I was trying to remember what islands are in the Atlantic Ocean!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Shemmy and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote