Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-18-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
New version of ubook available (0.9a)

Gowerpoint have just released the newest version of ubook - version 0.9a.

Here's what's new (from the website):

# Added Install program for all versions.
# Added Swap Colors option (Back <-> Text; Easy Mode only)
# Added Auto-Scroll as a choice for Hardware Buttons (Pocket PCs)
# Added Support for new VGA screens on Pocket PCs (640x480)
# Added skin scaling control
# Improved Image zooming by allowing to define the zoom-in zone.
# Changed Auto-Open to look for a file with "index" or "toc" sub-string first.
# Fixed rounding errors, crashes, annoyances and corruptions. See download page.

Future features planned:

# i-book - Ability to easily read images-book, i.e. book made of images only, like magazine scans or comic books.
# Images Annotations - Ability to add annotations to images
# Table of Illustrations - Summary of all images in a book and their annotations.
# Export/Import of Annotations to file.
# e-books Catalog - Ability to catalog the content of CDs (or other removeable media)
# CHM compressed HTML support
# Improved PDB/PRC support
# Multiple User support.
# Export/Import of Configurations - Ability to easily carry your configuration, annotations from one machine to another through the internet.
# Multi-Lingual User Interface for Latin-1 languages.

One important point, is that ubook, from this version on, is now a shareware product. A licence costs $12US and works for all versions of the reader. The unlicenced version is not crippled in any way, but pops up an about screen every now and then. Licenced users also get access to other goodies like the larger versions of the 1913 Websters dictionary (> 3MB), more skins, and the promise of more stuff to come.

In my opinion, $12 is pretty reasonable for a product of this quality, and the level of support from David at Gowerpoint is excellent. I've already registered...

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:48 AM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Just testing whether or not we can say µbook here..

µbook! µbook! µbook!

ooo, I guess we can!

(But it looks like telling the editor to disable smilies in posts, ignores that option, because it converted the ending semicolon in &#xB5; to a smilie if I put it in parens. A bug, Alexander?).
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert