Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #256
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It gets updated every Tuesday, and I get an email. So I just download it to K4PC and into Calibre and check that I have the newest parts.
Okay Thanks. This is my first Serial. I don't know I find the ideal of serials silly. I use to get my Fan Fiction this way though but never thought of books being released this way.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #257
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Are you getting Storm Force? Cool. I really should start it. But I have other books going. So I'll wait.

Thanks for the Connie Mason tip. I just borrowed "Rafe."
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #258
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are you getting Storm Force? Cool. I really should start it. But I have other books going. So I'll wait.

Thanks for the Connie Mason tip. I just borrowed "Rafe."
I own the series. I love Connie Mason but she is a Love or Hate author. I think I love her because I read her in my teens.
I am thinking of Lord of the Night or For Honor's Sake.

Yes I bought Storm Force. I figure the price might change once it becomes complete. I'm reading Dark Lover by JR Ward. It's a easy read not much meat but alot of world building and action. I can't stand the hero though. He's too unapproachable and just plain mean.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #259
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I own the series. I love Connie Mason but she is a Love or Hate author. I think I love her because I read her in my teens.
I am thinking of Lord of the Night or For Honor's Sake.

Yes I bought Storm Force. I figure the price might change once it becomes complete. I'm reading Dark Lover by JR Ward. It's a easy read not much meat but alot of world building and action. I can't stand the hero though. He's too unapproachable and just plain mean.
Oh the Blind King....yeah he is mean but all those brothers are just so cool.

I am reading The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter, which is book 1 in that series....finally getting around to it. It's good, but strange. The world building is strange.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Oh the Blind King....yeah he is mean but all those brothers are just so cool.

I am reading The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter, which is book 1 in that series....finally getting around to it. It's good, but strange. The world building is strange.
Maybe it will grow on my I have the first four but right now just not feeling the coolness....I think if I would of read it in 2005 maybe It might appeal to me more. I have read so much Paranormal romance that it seems to be lacking in alot of areas. I am a huge fan of the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian though. They are very similar but her heroes are much more approachable and likable.
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #261
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Midnight Breeds, another series I WILL start this year.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #262
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Well you like all those mean Kristin Ashley guys, right? They seem too mean for my taste LOL.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #263
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Midnight Breeds, another series I WILL start this year.
Oh you must get the Audio Versions if you can. The library carries most of them. Really good narrator that makes the story come alive. I read then in ebook them went back and listen to them. I love that series I am on book 8 now I think. Lucien the leader from Book one is my favorite and Andreas book ripped my heart out. That woman can write! I get so caught up I feel like I am there seeing,feeling and experiencing everything right along with them.

Quote:
Well you like all those mean Kristin Ashley guys, right? They seem too mean for my taste LOL.
I've only read the Rock Chick series and the only really mean guy is Luke. I called him a Neanderthal. Lee, Vance, Hank and Eddie are sweethearts. Mace is borderline Luke as I am half way into his book and I could smack him.

Knight is well weird and Tate from Sweet Dreams I am neutral on. I can't give an opinion on any other because I haven't read them yet.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #264
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Just finished the entire series and really liked it!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #265
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Just finished the entire series and really liked it!
Oh no! Another series to look at.

My favorite Paranormal series is The Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank. I devoured that series actually read them all in a row and it did not get repetitious like some series. I bought the entire Audio series with narrator Xe Sands. I love how the author writes and Xe Sands takes it to an even higher level.

Series Order:
  1. Jacob
  2. Gideon
  3. Elijah
  4. Damien
  5. Noah
  6. Adam

I have not read her other books but this series was amazing!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #266
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh no! Another series to look at.

My favorite Paranormal series is The Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank. I devoured that series actually read them all in a row and it did not get repetitious like some series. I bought the entire Audio series with narrator Xe Sands. I love how the author writes and Xe Sands takes it to an even higher level.

Series Order:
  1. Jacob
  2. Gideon
  3. Elijah
  4. Damien
  5. Noah
  6. Adam

I have not read her other books but this series was amazing!
I like those, I've read the first two. My goal this year is to read these series that have been on my back burner for way too long! (Now the best way to do that is by not reading erotica, unless it's part of a series on my list...)
Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #267
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I like those, I've read the first two. My goal this year is to read these series that have been on my back burner for way too long! (Now the best way to do that is by not reading erotica, unless it's part of a series on my list...)
That's my goal too. To read a few series I've been meaning to. I read 3 books at one time so I can squeeze in other books too. What I have been having problems with that I didn't have last year is finding 5 star worthy reads.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #268
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
I do try to post YA when I come across it. Today or should I say Yesterday I found one. YA seldom goes on sale anymore it seems.
I read YA when I am in the mood for it.
I meant LGBT YA but this isn't the thread for that...YA romance I have seen (and I like the NA stuff too).
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #269
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
It's not so much one slip of a modern word but the writing in a whole. I haven't look at Milan's style so I can't say where I put her. I don't have a problem with adding things that aren't historical accurate like a female gladiator. I do however have a problem when a women set in regency times acts like a modern woman when we know she would be shunned by the ton if that were the case. My imagination doesn't stretch that far.
actually, female gladiators were authentic. I agree that social mores are important to get right--much more so than individual behavior; people act for their own reasons and according to their own personalities, but societies are more predictable.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #270
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I meant LGBT YA but this isn't the thread for that...YA romance I have seen (and I like the NA stuff too).
Ah I don't think I've ever seen any at all on any of my sources.