Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
raxdax
raxdax began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
ereader dictionary integration

Hi, I'm looking for an ereader that allows you to select a word off the page and the definition shows up at the bottom screen of the ereader (assuming theres two screens: 1) the reading screen and 2) the navigation screen). So basically a ereader that shows the definition on the navigation screen instead of having to exit what your reading and moving to a page that shows the definition. Thanks!
raxdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo devices will do that. The definition is shown in a pop-up that covers part of the text, but not the selected word.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Krykorya
Nameless Being

The Sony PRS-T2 also does this.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Kobo devices will do that. The definition is shown in a pop-up that covers part of the text, but not the selected word.
I think this is pretty standard implementation on most of the current readers (can't say positively since I only have Kobo). The Kobo also does give you the option of entering a word look up (rather than only having a picking it on the page option).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote