Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Question What exactly does the Jailbreak do?

Hey guys - wanting to get started in Kindlet dev (.azw2) files, but I need just a bit of background first. Is this synopsis of the jailbreak correct?

Quote:
Jailbreak exploits a flaw in the Kindle update procedure to add an additional known key to the internal Kindle key whitelist. This allows two things:
* Further .bin-style updates signed with the key, and
* Installation of .azw2 Java apps signed with the key
Yes? No? Are update*.bin files signed at all?
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
The first point is correct. The second is not. You need to install a java-developer key for that. I never included it because there are many different versions floating around for different apps. Maybe I should include it in the next version.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Ah, okay, makes sense. You could then add a new Java key to the keystore (or just use an existing one): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294

BTW I am using niluje's jailbreak, I assume it works similar to yours.
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote