Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
Sportsman
Sportsman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey

Hey y'all, just making my introduction post here. I've been looking at readers for some time now, but have not yet bought one.

Was just about to jump on the $49 Sony Reader deal a couple of weeks ago when I realized that the sale might just be happening in order to get rid of inventory in preparation for a newer model.

So now I'm waiting on the 505 to hit the market before I jump in.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, Sportsman!

Only you can decide if the modest feature changes are worth spending the extra $250 and waiting a month. To me, I'm not sure it would be, but I'm not in the position.

Another point, while the information seemed pretty solid, we don't really have any way to be certain that it's correct or that the launch date will hold, even if it is correct.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is a slightly better screen really worth paying 6x the price for? If I were you, I'd jump on the credit card deal while it's still available. It will almost without doubt come to an end when the new model is released. At that price, you can certainly re-sell it for a profit on eBay, after all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #4
Sportsman

ok, ok, you're right .

Went ahead and signed up for the card. Guess now I'll just have to wait until the approval comes through and I'll order the reader. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heh, I hope that you decided that it made sense for you, rather than letting us wear you down. But then, you didn't take much "convincing" I suppose.
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Sportsman

I was almost there already. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors this time of year, and I would love to have one of these in my backpack this season. Figured I'd go ahead and take this deal then maybe sell the $49 model on eBay as suggested above once the newer ones come out... if I decide it's worth the upgrade.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

In that case, you probably want to look at a waterproof bag to put it in, and some sort of hard casing -- don't want you vittle-kit punching a hole in your dinner entertainment, now do you?