Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
How do I post pictures.

So, this is probably something obvious that I missed, but how do I add pictures to a post?

1) I know that I can add a link to px hosted elsewhere.
2) I know that I can attach pictures (or any other file).

However, I see that when others post pictures they show up in a little box and you click on the box to pop up a separate viewer. How do you add them to make this happen? I did a couple of searches, but I couldn't find the details.

Thanks,
MLH
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
Those are attached pictures, when you attach a jpg, gif or png picture to your post it will automatically make one of those little boxes with pop-up on click.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
To add a picture full size in your post (only a good idea if the picture is small!) click on the little yellow icon with mountains above the post box, and put the url of the image in the pop up box.

To add a thumbnail that you click on to see the full size picture, click the Go Advanced button, then scroll down until you see the Manage Attachments button - click on that, select the files or enter the url, click Upload, wait for it to finish then close the window.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
So, this is probably something obvious that I missed, but how do I add pictures to a post?

1) I know that I can add a link to px hosted elsewhere.
2) I know that I can attach pictures (or any other file).

However, I see that when others post pictures they show up in a little box and you click on the box to pop up a separate viewer. How do you add them to make this happen? I did a couple of searches, but I couldn't find the details.

Thanks,
MLH
When creating or replying to a thread, click on the paperclip icon to manage attachments, which allows you to upload an attachment (or several attachments at the same time).

Your attachments will show up in a thumbnail strip, which can be clicked on and viewed by image viewer.

WDE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attach1.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	35498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attach2.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	35499  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
When creating or replying to a thread, click on the paperclip icon to manage attachments, which allows you to upload an attachment (or several attachments at the same time).

Your attachments will show up in a thumbnail strip, which can be clicked on and viewed by image viewer.

WDE.
I thought, that is what I did here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55661

However, the result was a set of links that referred to the attachments, not the thumbnails. I then inserted an image link to the px so that they would show inline. Any thoughts on what I did wrong?
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

However, the result was a set of links that referred to the attachments, not the thumbnails. I then inserted an image link to the px so that they would show inline. Any thoughts on what I did wrong?
I believe after you uploaded the attachments you hit "Insert all', which inserts the attachments in your post so that you can arrange them and put comments around them.

If you don't insert them, they will just be appended as thumbnails, on which you can click to enlarge.
There shouldn't be any [ Attach ]123456[ /attach] bb codes.

Does this make any sense?

WDE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Attach3.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	35510  

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 09-06-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:

Here, after downloading, I have re-uploaded your pics as attachments and done nothing further.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish? WDE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mentor Lite Color Low Res..JPG
Views:	274
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	35514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mentor Lite Main Control.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	35515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mentor Lite One Button Push.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	35516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mentor Lite showing Horizontal and Font.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	35517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mentor Lite Sudoku.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	35518  

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 09-06-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
emellaich
Wizard

Yep, thanks. It may be that when I saw the preview, it didn't put them in the style needed and I assumed another step was needed.

I appreciate your help.

MLH
Old 09-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Yep, thanks. It may be that when I saw the preview, it didn't put them in the style needed and I assumed another step was needed.

I appreciate your help.

MLH
Sorry, I should have specified that they *don't* show up in the preview.

WDE.