Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
the_callant
Connoisseur
the_callant has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kindle Scribe/Kindle PW Signature
New Kindle PW

After several years using Sony readers, I have taken the plunge and bought a Kindle Paperwhite. Some things I like and others I miss. I am happy with the screen and the lighting. Not so happy with the content management. The only way I have found to move around in the contents list is to use the GoTo page number. Tapping the screen opens a book. Maybe time to re-read the User Guide. Not so happy with the formatting either, everything is justified. I will be watching the battery life with interest. I read a lot!!
the_callant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You don't tap to turn the page on the menu, you slide your finger from right to left. If you try to tap, then swipe, you'll open a book.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Swipe up/down works the same as swipe left/right to go to next/previous page, and might be less prone to opening a book.

Some books will be left justified (if they specify this explicitly in CSS).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It does take a little getting used to when you first start using a PW. I'm still getting used to using mine as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
Swiping works best for everything except opening a book or clicking links. If you tap on a book or link, you'll open it.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert