Notices

Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 AM   #1
elricks
Long in the tooth junior
elricks began at the beginning.

Device: none
ipad 8.3 connection failure

This seems to be a known issue.

I needed to replace current books on ipad with a new set from Calibre.

Of course, the first think I did was delete all the books currently sitting in iBooks. Then, and only then, I discovered that my recent upgrade to ios 8.3 means I can no longer connect my ipad to Calibre. I tried 3 ways. ibooks, Marvin and Content Server. All failed.

I can see from other postings (thanks to the moderator/manager of the ios reader applications plugin) that this is a known issue.

I have 2 questions. Should I upgrade my ios to 8.4 (ie will this fix the issue? or make it worse), and is there any sort of ball park delivery date for the fix from Calibre end.

I ask this so I can plan what I should do next. A week or so I can live with. A month or so, I will need to find another way. I also understand that this is NOT a Calibre created issue, but unfortunately, like always, it is others who have to mop up the Big Apple mess.

Thanks SHIRLEY

Thanks - I was starting to take my access to my books for granted. That will teach me.
elricks is offline   Reply With Quote