Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #16
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I think yugami or someone similar found that the internal memory is an actual chip soldered to the board...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
Thanks, yes I see that in Device Storage, the card is "SD card". When I use ES File Explorer, and go to the root, I see both "extsdcard" and "sdcard" (along with "system" and a number of others). So while the micro-sd is referred to as 'sdcard' in some places, in the file system it is extsdcard.

I thought I read somewhere that the internal memory is just an sdcard -- hope it doesn't pop loose! That would be bad.
there are 4 chunks of the 4 gig internal memory (which is a single chip soldered into the main board) that are publicly exposed inside the edge. These add up to about 3.5 gig

ubi:system 329928 168456 161472 51% /system
ubi:userdata 329928 183104 146824 55% /data
ubi:cache 330400 36 325528 0% /cache
ubi:storage 2668352 387296 2276220 15% /intstorage

the remaining storage is probably the boot and restore sections that house the kernel image and the code that knows how to access update.zip on external memory.

One of those "others" you mention is intstorage which is the actual mount point of the internal memory Looking inside that directory you will see it contains a vfat.img file which is the actual filesystem you access when accessing the internal memory. This is mounted via a loopback device to the directory /intsdcard

the directory /sdcard is simply a link to the directory that is the mount point for whatever storage you selected to use. so if you selected SD Card if you did an ls -l on the root directory you would see a listing like so

sdcard -> /mnt/sdcard
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #18
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Ahhhhhh!!!! Unix!! It burns..... it burns.....

Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #19
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
It works here (on my EE). The Library is moved to the external SD card, too.

The PC here also gets two different drives. The first one does have the "media" in it. The other one is empty.

Before doing the update to Ermine my EE only exported one drive. Anyone know what may be attached to the second drive? I wonder if there's a way to attach the old "sdcard" from internal memory.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugami View Post
there are 4 chunks of the 4 gig internal memory (which is a single chip soldered into the main board) that are publicly exposed inside the edge. These add up to about 3.5 gig

ubi:system 329928 168456 161472 51% /system
ubi:userdata 329928 183104 146824 55% /data
ubi:cache 330400 36 325528 0% /cache
ubi:storage 2668352 387296 2276220 15% /intstorage

the remaining storage is probably the boot and restore sections that house the kernel image and the code that knows how to access update.zip on external memory.

One of those "others" you mention is intstorage which is the actual mount point of the internal memory Looking inside that directory you will see it contains a vfat.img file which is the actual filesystem you access when accessing the internal memory. This is mounted via a loopback device to the directory /intsdcard

the directory /sdcard is simply a link to the directory that is the mount point for whatever storage you selected to use. so if you selected SD Card if you did an ls -l on the root directory you would see a listing like so

sdcard -> /mnt/sdcard
yugami, do you know how to fix a problem with a vfat.img file? I think that's my problem. For some reason my /intsdcard is empty and the /sdcard has all the info. I'm trying to make it a link to the correct file, as it seems that it is the issue. You can read all about it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169633
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I think Yugami may have sold his/her PE. Posted in October offering it for sale. Still around the forum, though, so if you think they might remember you could send a PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #22
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I think Yugami may have sold his/her PE. Posted in October offering it for sale. Still around the forum, though, so if you think they might remember you could send a PM.
Thanks for the heads-up!
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
This is all very hazy so use at your own risk.

Before doing any of this I would recommend using the internal tool to move the Library too and from the external SDCard a couple times to try and force everything back into alignment.

Unfortunately I didn't make any notes on the format of the fstab format used by the edge if this is what is messing up.

You can check to see what is pointing were using the command ls -l from the command line. You want /sdcard to point to where you have your library setup.

If you need to make a new vfat.img this is what I would try from the command line:
vfat.img is just a file that is a hunk of space mounted via loopback (a linux think allowing files to be used as devices) the file is 2.5 gigs large and formated with the vfat file system

making the file:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/intstorage/vfat.img bs=1024 count=2621440

formating the file: mkfs.vfat (using a man page on mkfs.vfat so the busybox might be different)

mkfs.vfat -F 32 /intstorage/vfat.img
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote