Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
reup
Connoisseur
reup began at the beginning.

Device: hp ipaq hx2750
different database for different categories

hello all

I use calibre 0.7.2

is there a way to use multiple database to separate ebooks per categories ?

I have few thousand SF ebooks (my own scanning of my own books) and few thousand tutorial downloaded from internet

it is very difficult to manage all those ebooks and I was thinking of an menu that would let us swap databases. so I could keep my SF in one and my tutorial in another.....

my idea might be stupid, so please if someone has a better idea to deal with so many ebooks, let me know

reup
reup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can use separate databases via the Calibre preferences menu, but a better solution is to tag the books appropriately and divide them via the tags. The latest Calibre releases include a virtual library facility where you can hide all books that do not meet a defined set of tag criteria.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 03:42 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by reup View Post
is there a way to use multiple database to separate ebooks per categories ?

I have few thousand SF ebooks (my own scanning of my own books) and few thousand tutorial downloaded from internet

it is very difficult to manage all those ebooks and I was thinking of an menu that would let us swap databases. so I could keep my SF in one and my tutorial in another.....
Watch the new video on this page and Kovid will walk you through setting up saved searches and restricted displays which should help you segregate your files.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
reup
Connoisseur
reup began at the beginning.

Device: hp ipaq hx2750
this is so cool, thanks all !
reup is offline   Reply With Quote