Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
A waterproof Kindle Case?

From "Digital Trends".......posted in another forum, but I believe it has newsworthy info.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gadgets...f-kindle-case/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guardian-case.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	45294  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
looks like a nice one
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
From "Digital Trends".......posted in another forum, but I believe it has newsworthy info.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gadgets...f-kindle-case/
One problem is that there's no way to operate the 'on/standby' switch once you close the case up (unless the design has been updated). So you have to turn it on before putting it in the case, and keep pushing buttons often enough to keep it awake. When it goes into standby, you'll have to make sure it's safe to open the enclosure to turn it back on. As it is, I'm not sure it is any better than a zip lock or drybag, and it's no doubt more expensive.

Also I would have designed the enclosure to open at the bottom to slide the Kindle in, rather than having the seal go all around the circumference of it. Any little bit of sand could cause the clamshell to warp a little and leak. And there are too many clasps (4!) to operate and break, etc. By contrast, most camera enclosures need only one clasp and are good to 10-20 meters. Yes, I DO want to read while snorkeling! <g>

Last edited by tomsem; 02-09-2010 at 10:56 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
As I've mentioned before, a very good waterproof case (comes in lots of sizes) is the Tuff-luv evolve aquatic pouch.

It is strong, clear to read through, waterproof up to 3 metres deep and yes you can operate all buttons through it. I have two of these cases and use them regularly.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote